twenty-six

AALIYAH

a/n: there's a song to this chapter,so wait till i tell you when to play it<3

-

"so i see you and mr ' i have money and you don't ' have been getting along pretty well"

destiny said keeping up with me as we walked walked to lunch.

i made a face.
"you have no room to speak,aren't you the one that lied about being in a relationship,last week was it?"
i put my hand on my chin.

she smacked her lips.
"i thought we were done with that.i told you i was sorry."
she whined.

if destiny thinks i don't know that she's been messing around with miles,she must be a damn fool.

it's quite obvious that those two have been getting close,and considering she's still lying about it,she has no room to speak on my so called 'relationship' with aaron.

"and besides,it costs zero dollars and zero cents to be nice.plus this is my job,i can't be somewhat happy for once?"

she rolled her eyes as we passed tons of students.
"it's not that,it's who is making you happy.two weeks ago,you didn't even like being in the same room as aaron."

"ok and,you act like i'm confessing my love for the boy.the only difference between two weeks ago and now is that i can stand him somewhat more.

he's barely a friend,much less a companion.besides,he barely likes people from the flats,and i'm not cool with his type of people either."

she made another face at me,cocking her head.
"his type of people?"
she asked.

"you know,the people from the hill,and don't go getting mad either,you know y'all are an exception.i didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"my feeing aren't hurt,i'm just looking out for you.you were just trying to rip his head off,now your dancing circles around him like he's a king."

i stopped in the middle of the hallway looking at her.
"first of all,i don't dance circles around nobody,let's get that straight."

she crossed her arms avoiding my eyes.

"second of all,this is my job okay.you think i wanna argue and fight with people everyday? no!"

destiny is being real hypocritical right now,but i won't hold her.
i know she's just tryna look out for me.

"any opportunity i get to clear the air with a motherfucker and not have to argue every two seconds,i'll take.so yeah,maybe our relationship is a little better now,but that's not a bad thing.

i don't have to hate somebody forever,sometimes i want peace,reassurance,to resolve.

and if it bothers you so much that i'm finally reaching an agreement with somebody instead of arguing all fucking day with them,then that's your problem,not mine."

she stood silently in the hallway,shifting her weight between both of her feet.
"i'm sorry,i didn't mean to make you upset."