five

aaliyah's outfit in the media^

AALIYAH

friday.
the day of the party.
today.
tonight.

after school,i went straight home to buy myself some time to figure out an excuse to tell the big man.
my dad.

ever since,
the accident,
he's been super protective and possessive about where i go and when.

after sitting on my bed thinking of multiple excuses to tell him,i came up with excuse that i was going to try out for the cheer team.

now,i'm pretty sure if i didn't run out the door he would have stopped me due to being suspicious because i've never been able to even touch my toes.

but nonetheless i took the opportunity and fled the house,having miles drive us there.

the drive over there was silent,as always.
i don't really talk much in the car now,after what happened.

i always wear a seatbelt,always.
and sometimes i get too overwhelmed sitting in the passengers seat and i have to sit in the back.

i haven't driven in my car since that night.
now my car,freshly repaired and fixed,sat in the driveway untouched.

miles kept both hands on the steering wheel,never taking his eyes off the road.

ever since the incident happened,i wasn't the only one who was taking extra precautions.

now,i had miles driving me around everywhere.
it was kind of annoying not being able to leave whenever and where ever i wanted but i was grateful.

miles was one of the very few people i trusted to be in the drivers seat.
miles' driving was clean.

he stopped at every stop light,followed every speed limit and was never on his phone while driving.

i knew that miles felt obligated to be extra cautious around me whenever we were in the car.

i always felt bad for him but at the same time i couldn't bring myself to confront him about his actions.

"hey"
miles still had his eyes on the road as he turned into the gated entrance for the hills.

"you knows after this year,we're both going off to college"
i nodded understandably.

"hopefully"
i looked at him with worry in my eyes.
he didn't have his eyes on me but i knew he could feel it.

whether or not miles was gonna get into college or not was a conversation that rarely ever came up.

with miles' talent on the court,there was no doubt he was gonna get a scholarship to a good school.

he already had a handful of schools lined up to choose from and it's not even the end of this year yet.

but when it came to me,the topic of conversation was different.
i didn't know if i was going to college.

a lot of the art schools in our area were barely giving out scholarships this year.