twenty-eight

AALIYAH

"so,red or blue?"
he asked holding up two different shades.

aaron was indecisive on whether or not he should wear red or blue,so he asked me to pick for him.

i shrugged not really seeing a difference in the colors.
"it doesn't matter,they both look good."

he gleaned holding the two colors up to his face.
"aaliyah?"

i rolled my eyes pointing at the dark red color of the left.
"do red,everybody else is gonna be wearing blue.don't be like everybody else."
i nodded.

he smiled at me,nodding at my decision before we were both interrupted.

the williams were standing in the entryway of the kitchen,looking at both of us.

"aaliyah,charlie is waiting for you at the bridal shop,you can meet her there."
mrs williams told her shuffling me away from aaron.

i nodded leaving the room before turning around and lookin at aaron,mouthing "red."
with a thumbs up.

he shackled nodding as i left out the front door and got into destiny's car.
"drive."

she backed out of the williams driveway and gate before heading to the front entrance.

"so do you have any ideas on how you want your dress to look?"

she looked over at me pulling out of the gated,nodding at carson on the way out.

i shrugged.
"not a clue."
i admitted.

i had never even bought a dress,so going to fitted for one was far from my expertise.

which is why i asked destiny if she could come with,or more like she found out and invited herself.

nonetheless,i needed her brains for this experience.

i know that she's the only person i could bring that would even remotely be educated on this type of stuff.

"don't worry,i'll help you out"
she smiled.
"i know exactly what i'm doing."

i chuckled.
"i believe you.i don't even know what the ask for.you're gonna be my personal assistant."
i joked.

she rolled her eyes.
"girl,i wish i would be a personal assistant to your moody ass."

i shook my head as we drove for a few more minutes before pulling up to the bridal shop.

i sighed undoing my seatbelt.
"don't be bossy."
i lecture her hopping out the car.

"i'll try."
she laughed opening the door to the entrance.

it smelled like lavender,and the store was filled with different dresses,shoes,mannequins and more.

i ran my hands across a few dresses hanging up,that had the word 'prom' displayed above them.

thinking about the event that was only a few months away.

before i could explore any further,an older lady came up to us with a big smile,greeting us.