sixty-eight

narrator

"so,what's your plan for prom this year?"
destiny asked as drew another line.

they were sitting in aaliyah's room and destiny was sketching out her prom dress idea.

"i'm not going to prom."
she stated as she scrolled on her phone.

destiny gasped as she turned around before aaliyah stopped her.

"don't even try to convince me. i don't have a date,obviously. i don't have any money for a dress and i'm just tired,please,i'm not going."

destiny knew there was no use in trying to convince aaliyah.
she had already gone through enough this year,she didn't wanna beat the bear any harder.

"ok. well,since you're not going,can you at least help me get ready on saturday? i know you're busy but-"

"of course."
she looked back at her with a smile.

"so,how have you and miles been?"
aaliyah asked,looking up from her phone.

most people who knew that their best friend was dating their brother would try to steer clear of involving themselves in it.

aaliyah on the other hand,had no problems talking to destiny about miles,and vise versa.

as long as they weren't talking about what they did in their free time,aaliyah couldn't care less.

she wasn't embarrassed or childish about the situation,she knew that even though her relationship was ruined,doesn't mean everybody else's had to be.

"we're good,great actually."
she smiled.
"he asked me to prom the other day,had this big promposal in the middle of the sconce hallway. with roses,and music and it was nice."
she smile lowly.

aaliyah had seen a little bit of the promposal on her way to her fourth hour.

miles had had all of the basketball players give her a rose throughout the day without question.

on her way to fourth hour,she got stopped by an angry miles,asking her who kept giving her flowers,before he finished off the bouquet,making her look up at the ceiling full of roses,that spelled out
prom?

aaliyah had seen the whole ordeal,and although she was happy for them,she couldn't bare to stand there and watch

"he wants to rent us a car and plan a whole trip after. i love him,i'm in love with him,a lot."
she chuckled.

aaliyah smiled for them.

"have you heard anything from miami art and design?"
she asked as she drew another stroke.

she shook her head.
"nothing,and graduation is just getting closer and closer. i don't know what to do."

"be patient. your time will come,soon too. i promise,it'll happen."
she assured her.

aaliyah nodded just as miles came through the door.
"hey."

destiny gasped as she got up from her seat,hugging miles as he dribbled backwards.