sixty-nine

narrator

"what do we-i mean,i need to do,in order to get her back?"
aaron asked.

aaron and junior were sitting in the library during lunch,trying to come up with a plan to get aaliyah and aaron back together,or at least friends.

junior shook his head as he rubbed his face.
"honestly,aaron. i don't know if i can help you on this one."
he sighed.

aaron's face fell as he because frustrated.
"why not? you told me you could help me get her back-"

"i told you i could help,but i admitted,it was gonna be hard,and it is gonna be hard."

aaron sighed,putting his head down.

"look,aaliyah has a keen mind,even you know that. she's not one to easily forgive or forget."
junior explained.

"but i'm trying hard,i don't know what else i need to do. do i need to talk to her dad-"

"no,don't do that. he'll kick your ass,i promise you that."
he chuckled.

"look,i'm not gonna sit here and lie to you,telling you that she's just gonna turn around and forgive your sorry ass. you hurt her,shit you hurt me. but the pain that you caused her is inevitable. i would be surprised if she even spoke to you."
he admitted.

"it's up to you to get her back. try hard but don't be pushy,you know how she is. it's all up to you."

-

"so when we get called up,do i go first or do you go first?"
miles asked.

aaliyah's eyebrows dipped as she looked back at him.
"miles,my name starts with an a,and your name starts with a b,and I'm standing in front of you as we speak,which one do you think?"

aaliyah,mikes and the rest of the seniors were all standing outside on the football field.

with graduation only a week away,the school was doing everything that they could to get their seniors ready to walk the stage.

"remember seniors,i'd the music stops,that means we have to start over,so pay attention!"
the principle informed all of the students as she hopped off of the stage.

"we've been out here for two hours,how much practice can walking across a stage take?"
anthony asked as he rubbed the sweat off of his forehead.

while everybody else was burning up,miles took the liberty of using his varsity jacket to shield the sun away from destiny.

"jesus christ! it's a hundred fucking degrees out here,can we hurry it up!"
junior complained as he heard the music pause making everybody groan and look his way.

"my fault yall!"
he apologized as the music restarted,making everybody have to go back to their spots.

"anyway,have you guys thought about that trip that i was talking about?"
destiny brought up.

junior scratched his head as he re entered the conversation.
"what trip?"

"destiny wants to go on a road trip once we graduate. drive all over the country,see new places,just hang out before we all start school again."