fifty-two

aaron

"so aaron,how do you feel about last night? i mean you made the winning shot at the fourth playoff game of the season."

junior put a fake microphone up to my phone as i swatted it away.
"shut up."

junior fixed his lab goggles before looking back at the teacher.

"ok class,now,stand back,pour you last tube into the mixture and watch your experiment come to life!"

our chemistry teacher clapped her hands as we all poured our glass liquids into the beaker,waiting for the reaction.

the room went quiet before a fuzzing noise was heard across the room,making everybody's ears perk up and look in their direction.

before we could fully look at their experiment,another tube began to produce fuzz,and another and another before our tube was filled with white foam coming out of it.

the class raved as we all looked at the beakers,spilling with different colored foams.

"okay okay,uhh everybody hurry up and take a picture before it's too late.start working on your observations before class ends,i want them turned in by midnight tomorrow"
she mentioned.

i grabbed the camera,snapping a few pictures with it from my side before handing it over to junior.

just as he was snapping his pictures,my hand swiped over the beaker,getting covered in sticky foam.

"ahh,shit."
i whispered,making junior look up from the camera.

"ooh,that's not good."
he sighed at my hand and sleeve covered in foam.

i left the table going to the teachers desk,ripping off a piece of paper towel making her stand up.

"oh no,you need to rinse that off now!"
she stood up walking over to me.

"why? i was just gonna wipe it off with a-"

"no no no,this can cause a chemical burn if it's not removed properly.go wash your hands just to be safe and change your shirt,go!"

she told me pushing me out of the lab as everybody looked my way.

i speed walked to my locker,putting in the combination with one hand before grabbing an extra shirt i had.

i ventured off into the bathroom,pulling the shirt over my head before using s lot of soap and scrubbing my arm.

"jesus-"

i dried my arm while pulling my extra shirt on,before ditching it and leaving the bathroom.

i walked back to class slowly before stopping in the my tracks,hearing my name being called.

i peeked behind a corner,looking into a dark hallway in the back of the school.

don't do it you dumbass.

i hesitantly stepped back away from the counter turning to go back to class.

"hey aaron."