fifty-seven

aaron

my heart dropped.

"what the fuck do you mean somebody shot her!"
i ask as all three of us ran,following Anthony.

"i was getting out of the car and helping junior put keith in and i heard the last three gunshots and then a scream.after i helped him i went to check it out and i saw aaliyah,she's by the pool house!"

he lead us back to the backyard and behind the pool house full of pool stuff.

aaliyah was sitting on the ground,holding her right leg up with a beach towel wrapped around it.

"aaliyah! "
i got down next to her on the ground helping hold her leg up.

"what happened what happened!"
miles asked as he got down on the other side.

she shook her head.
"i don't know,i was with aaron and then we got separated and when i was trying to find him felt my leg get hit so i crawled back here."
she cried.

"it hurts bad aaron,really bad-"
she cried.

"okay okay,we're gonna get you out and we're gonna drive to the hospital so they can check it out alright?"
she nodded.

i leaned over her leg,unwrapping the towel making her wince,her entire leg was soaked with blood making me put the towel back on.

i sighed.
"okay,we're gonna get up on three and i want you to get on my back.i'm gonna carry you to the car so hold on tight."

i tied the towel back around her leg before letting miles help me get her up.

"ready? one,two,three!"
we pulled her up as she winced,hopping on one leg.

"okay,okay get on my back and hold on."
i told her bending down as i felt her latch onto my back and put her head against by back.

"alright,we gotta move fast.i don't know who has the gun but the cars out front."
anthony told us as he put his finger up.

"let's go!"
he yelled as we all ran towards the front of the house.

gunshots rang out again making us all duck and screams erupted o of aaliyahs mouth.

"it's okay,i got you i got you."
i told her as we started running again,finally reaching the car.

destiny honked the horn from the drivers seat,holding the door open for anthony.

"come on!"

"open the door!"
i yelled.
junior opened the back door,keeping it open as he held a towel to keith's side.

"what happened!"
he yelled as we hopped in the back,miles getting in the back of the trunk.

i sat aaliyah down,closing the door and telling destiny to drive,which she did.

"what about your house?!"
miles asked keith as he sat up.
he shook his head.

"i'll text my neighbor and tell him to lock it up,i'm fine.we gotta get to the hospital though."
he explained.