sixteen

(a/n: i changed the cover of the book bc i felt like it was a lot.this one is more simple,lmk what u think.)

-

AARON

today was the day.
i was finally gonna start working on being a new person.

i had stopped at my parents building just a few hours before,to check in on them and make sure that they would be busy all night.

i walked through the building getting greeted by all of the workers as usual.

i don't really like coming to this building that often but when i do end up here it isn't the best time.

everybody here won't leave me alone because i'm the bosses son.

they've watched me grow and evolve into the person that i am today.
sometimes i feel like the people who work here know me better than my parents do.

i took the elevator up to my parents private floor before getting off and walking to their office.

i opened the double doors seeing my parents both talking,my dad sitting in his chair and my mom on his desk.

they both turned their heads looking in my direction.
i know they weren't expecting to see me.

i never show up here and when i do,i barely stay for a good twenty minutes.

"aaron,sweetie,you never show up here,what's wrong? is there something going on at the house?"

my mother got off of my dads desk rushing towards me touching on my face and checking me.

i pulled her hands off of me trying to breathe.
"mom i'm fine,the house is fine.i just came to check in that's all."

i shrugged assuring to them that this was just temporary.
they both calmed down letting me take a seat in an office chair close by.

"so how's school and basketball,anything new going on?"
my dad asked.

me and my dad weren't as close as i would want us to be.

he was the backbone to our entire company,without him our business would be a complete mess.

but he is my dad and i love him.
we don't talk as much as i would want us to but i'm grateful for what we have.

he's a really cool guy and i know that if he didn't work as much as he did,he would spend all his free time with me.

he got up walking over to the coffee maker,pouring himself a cup of the hot beverage adding cream and sugar.

"it's going fine.our first game is in a few days and i'm doing pretty good on the court,me and chris are at the top as usual"

he nodded in satisfaction at the name that had come out of my mouth.
"oh chris,my man.tell him i said hi will ya?"

even though my mom was not the biggest fan of the loud,obnoxious,extra teenager,my dad on the other hand was.