thirty-five

NARRATOR

"i have a surprise for you."
aaron popped up next to aaliyah's locker,scaring her slightly.

she put her hand on her chest smiling,she looked around before closing her locker and grabbing his hand,leading him to a hallway.

"what are you talking about? and where were you last period?"
she asked making sure nobody was coming.

aaron held a smile on his face as if he was proud of something,and he indeed was.

aaron had skipped his land period to plan out a surprise for aaliyah,thanks to ryan's help.

ever since him and aaliyah kissed and deciding to start talking,he had been wanting to plan a little something out for her.

just as a thank you.

him and ryan had set up a surprise for her during last period,at the beach a few minutes away from where they go to school.

aaron could barely keep his composure the whole day,he wanted to spill but he kept it quiet.

"i was busy,just come with please?"
he begged holding his hand out making her laugh.

she sighed,running her hand over her slicked back low puff,making sure it was flat,before nodding taking his hand with a grin.

aaron looked around before leading her to the back exit,to make sure that nobody saw them together.

one of the few cons with getting to know aaliyah was the fact that the people around them were still firm believers in keeping flats and hills separated.

which meant that they did have to sneak around an awful lot,but he didn't mind.

he led her outside to his Porsche,opening the door for her before getting in on his side.

he made sure to leave a few minutes before school let out,just to be safe that nobody would see them.

the bell rang and students poured out of the building just as aaron pulled away from the school.

aaliyah grinned looking over at him.
"so what's this surprise you have for me? it must be important since you skipped school for it."
she asked.

he shrugged zipping his mouth shut and throwing away the imaginary key.
"i can't tell,it's against my religion."

"you're not even religious,dumbass."
she laughed as she looked out the window at the scenery.

since aaliyah didn't drive,and she was mostly at home or work,she never really got to explore the city outside of her neighborhood.

Florida was a beautiful place and it definitely as some beautiful scenery,aaron wanted to take advantage of that and let aaliyah see it.

aaliyah leaned in to touch his screen and play some music before aaron pulled her hand away,grinning at her.

"listen to this."
he grinned typing something on his phone.

after a few seconds,clouded by brent faiyaz played through his speakers.

aaliyah gasped looking at him mischievously.
"i thought you didn't listen to brent."
she put her hands on her chin.