twenty-two

AALIYAH

"so why did we need to come to the park again?"
destiny asked as we began walking down the trail.

it was saturday.
the sun was out,kids were having fun and middle aged women and men were getting their daily walk in.

it was also the perfect opportunity to for me to get some inspiration for my art piece.

the competition is months away,but you can never be too sure.

writers get writers block,and artists gets artists block.

sometimes i go days without any inspiration or motivation so it's better to be safe than sorry.

i asked destiny to tag along because she had nothing else to do and since we haven't been hanging out,i wanted to get more insight on who's been taking up all of her time.

"because,nature is an artists best friend.there's a lot of really good inspiration out here that i could use"

i had gotten a disposable camera to take pictures while we were here and make it a little easier for myself.

i saw a large bush of bright pink petunias.

i stopped in my tracks,taking a picture of the beautiful bush as destiny waited for me.

we started walking again,taking in the scenery of the park.

"and diamonds are a girls best friend,can we go shopping after this?"
she whined.

i smiled looking around,noticing a group of small kids playing duck duck goose on the grass.

"don't you just love the park?"
i said sarcastically,making her mad.

she looked at me with low eyes.
"no,and the mosquitoes and pollen don't make it any better"

she brushed off some bugs and she continued to walk.

"we'll only be here for a few more minutes,and then we can go get something to eat"

i stated.

she nodded,satisfied with my idea.

she folded her arms,eyes roaming around before she looked my way asking me a question.

"so,the Williams are having that event in a few more weeks,what are you gonna wear?"

i shrugged,not really caring.
"not sure.i'll probably just find something in the back of my closet"

she gasped dramatically,making me glance at her as we both chuckled at her foolishness.

"how dare you say that in front of such a passionate clothing designer,you should be embarrassed."
she rolled her eyes.

i wasn't really big on dresses or skirts or anything formal in general.

i liked being comfortable.

sweats and baggy clothes,with occasionally wearing a pair of jeans on the side was just right for me.

today i was wearing a big graphic tee,with grey sweat shorts and jordan fours.