forty-three

narrator

"and there he is again folks,lucky number seven,Aaron Williams just scored another point."
the announcer said through the mic.

it was now the fourth quarter and there were only five seconds left in the game.

for aaron,every single second that he was on the court counter towards his career.

"so far,aaron Williams has scored twenty six points this quarter for his team,and it looks like he is not planning on stopping.they are neck and neck,it's a tie of sixty seven."

five.

miles breathed heavily as he dribbled the ball to the other side of the court.

four.

miles stood still looking around to see who was open for him to pass the ball.

three.

miles sighed throwing the ball to aaron before another player could steal it from him.

two.

aaron dribbled the ball three times before using all his arm strength to shoot the ball towards the net.

one.

swish.

the buzzer went off,making everybody on the Richland side jump out of their seats and go crazy.

Aaliyah and destiny cheered together in the stands as they clapped for each of their friends,and boyfriends of course.

they jumped up and down,each wearing their boyfriends hoodies as the whole gym celebrated another win.

the boys walked in a straight line,congratulating the opposite team before running into the locker room.

aaron sighed as he grabbed his clothes  from his bag,dreading the shower he had to take in the school.

"alright! tonight,was a good night.but we could definitely do better.i don't wanna see us that close to a tie ever again,got it?"

coach held his clipboard as the rest of his team mumbled back a series of 'yes' before he nodded.

"alright,good game.i'll see you all at practice.go shower."
he said before leaving the sweaty locker room.

aaron draped the towel over his shoulder as he slowly walked to the showers,junior coming up beside him.

"good game,what are you doing after this?"
he asked as they both pulled their shirts off.

he shrugged,not having any plans.
"not sure,maybe go home,relax and chill tomorrow."

junior nodded as they both walked into the showers,stripping themselves from their clothes.

"oh,well if you're not too busy,we're all going to waffle house after,you and Aaliyah can come if you want?"
he asked.

aaron nodded even though he couldn't see him facing the other direction.
"for-sure,i like that."

there was long pause in between their conversation as they both scrubbed themselves of the sweat and hard work from the past two hours.