twenty

AALIYAH

"can you drop me off at work? i have to go talk to ms clark really quick but it won't take long."
i ask

miles stood in front of me putting away his old books and taking out new ones he needed for homework.

"uh yeah,i have to go talk to coach anyways so."
he closed his locker,shoving the books into his bag.

it was the end of the day and all of the students were walking down and out of the hallways to go home.

some leaving out of side doors to get to buses,some walking to their cars.
but i was here,with miles.

i leaned up against the other lockers,with my arms crossed.
"what are you doing later today?"

he froze.
"uh,i have to go over to anthony's house,we have to study for a test tomorrow."
he said,looking everywhere but my eyes.

"but i thought that they had to-"

he looked up at me as i closed my mouth,making him furrow his brows.

i shook my head.
"nevermind."

he shrugged putting the bag onto his back adjusting it.

"i'll be waiting in the front for you."
he walked away,down the hall as i walked in the other direction.

"study for a test,my ass."
i pulled out my phone,pressing anthony's contact number,letting it ring.

"aaliyah! what's up?"
i shook my head,laughing at his foolishness.

"we just saw each other at lunch"
i laughed.
"anyways,i just wanted to know,what are you doing tonight?"

"oh! uh staying home,you know ice cubes new movie just came out,i gotta catch it."
he laughed.

"what about that dinner?"
the line went silent.

"what dinner?"
he said cluelessly.

"you know,the one you and your parents are having to plan that event."
he laughed on the other end,making me stop in the middle of the hallway.

"my parents aren't even in town,my mom is in la and my dad is on a business trip until tomorrow afternoon"

i pulled the phone away from my head.

now i'm not saying that i'm sherlock holmes but it ain't that hard to connect the dots in this situation.

anthony yelled through the phone as i put it back up to my ear.

"sorry,i dropped my phone.anyways,where's destiny,i can't get ahold of her?"
i lied.

"I'm guessing her little cycling class."
he said crunching on some food.

"what cycling class?"
i ask.

"a couple weeks ago she told me she was joining a cycling class.it's usually a few times a week and some days she doesn't come home til like after midnight."