seventy-four

i don't usually add songs but i feel like it's necessary with this chapter:)

song for this chapter:
hold us together - h.e.r
:)
narrator

"oh my god,aaliyah,we're graduating,aaliyah,i'm scared,i don't know what to do."
destiny whispered frantically as they all stood in line to get their diploma.

aaliyah and destiny both laughed as they fixed their blue and red caps on their heads,turning back around.

"oh my god,i'm next,shh."
destiny told her as the principal finished their speech.

"now i'd like to welcome a very special student,who graduated with a 5.62 gpa, had an sat score of 1580, has over 100 hours of community service, is a part of over eight clubs and committees, and who's stats are incredible. please welcome our class of 2021 valedictorian,destiny smith"

the crowd clapped before the principal lead destiny onto the stage with a smile.

she opened a folder,reading the speech that she had spent weeks preparing.

"good evening family and friends,ladies and gentleman,administrators and teachers. before i begin my speech,i just wanna take the time to thank all of you for being here today to celebrate the graduation of your loved ones and giving me the opportunity to speak in front of you. it seems like it was just yesterday that i was crying to my mom about how scared i was to start my freshman year,i was young and inexperienced and had no clue what was yet to come. now,here we are,four years later,minutes away from saying goodbye to this long but memorable journey. this year has been something else,to say the least. i have seen so much,grown so much,and gained so much,as well."
destiny smiled pointing at me as we both laughed.

"i've gained some new friends that have made my life so incredibly eventful,and i even met a special someone that has appreciated as much as i appreciate them."

miles blew a kiss her way which made the crowd 'aw' as she giggled.

"i've spent hours cramming for exams and tests and spending all my time in clubs and communities that i barely could keep up with. nonetheless,i pulled through and all of my hard work has payed of,just like everyone else here today. i will be attending University of Miami,class of 2025,on a full ride scholarship,all expenses paid for. i'm extremely grateful and couldn't be happier for myself and the rest of my friends. now i am standing here,about to say goodbye to these last crazy four years that have taken a huge toll on me. regardless,we have all out ten in the work and now it's time to move on, to bigger and better things. this new part of our life's will be even more eventful,exhilarating and unexpected than the last,and though scared,i'm excited to experience it with my friends next to me. as a class,we have all seen the best and the worst of eachother,but these next four years will bring new opportunities,new people and a life into play. i'm so proud of everybody here and i congratulate you on your accomplishments and futures achievements. i wish you all the best,no matter what,not only as a family but as your valedictorian as well,thank you."

the crowd clapped loudly as destiny took her folder and exited the stage left.

principal Goode appeared on the stage again.
"thank you destiny for that incredible speech."

principle goode went through a series of different speeches,thanking people and organizations until it was finally time to do the deed.