thirty-nine

narrator

the sky was awake,which meant that families all over the world would be waking up to celebrate the national holiday.

christmas.

it was officially the day that "santa" had dropped by and left a few presents at each families home.

and although the brown kids were starting to get too old for the holiday,they never let that stop them from having a good time.

christmas in the brown familie was more about whisking time spent rather than how many presents were under the tree.

they would spent the whole month decorating the home,putting up the tree and planning out how the holiday would be spent.

the brown family had many traditions when it came to christmas.

a few being opening one present on christmas eve,playing family games the night before and one member of the family picking out the matching pajamas.

this year,it was miles,and although he didn't want to,he decided on the whole family wearing red plaid pants with plain black shirts,and nobody else could complain.

after spending all night playing games and having not so friendly competitions,the family was out.

and before they knew it,it was christmas day,and the brown kids were running down the stairs like a stampede of elephants.

James made good money,after deciding that he wanted to own his own shop a few years prior.

and with hard work and dedication,he was able to make his dream come true within a few years.

James was also raised right,and when his kids came along,he knew that it was only fair to raise them the same way that he was.

both his kids had jobs,they were also humble,had manners and were hard working,especially when it came to school.

James always let his kids know that school came first,even if you were the best artist or basketball player in the world,a backup plan was always safe.

he also never spoiled his kids,and he made sure to let them know that.

his kids almost always payed for all their stuff,knew how to work hard in order to get what they wanted,and never complained.

and although some parents may see that as torturing their children from a young age,James knew he was doing the right thing.

he knew that by him educating his kids and keeping them in line,they would be able to do whatever they wanted when they got older.

he made sure they knew that if they wanted something,the only way they were gonna get it was from hard work.

but christmas was an exception.

James,although he didn't do it much,loved to spoil his kids,especially when he knew that they were grateful for it.

James was also good with numbers,he knew how to save and taught his kids how to at a young age,so it would benefit them in the future.