fourteen

(a/n: i'm getting my hair done tmrw so i'm tryna be active today<3)

-
AALIYAH

"aaliyah calm down,breathe"
destiny talks softy trying to calm me down.

"des,i'm trying.what the hell am i gonna do?"
i wiped my face trying to stop my tears.

i never cry.
never.

the only time i've ever cried was when i got taken away from my mom,i was having problems with travis or when the accident happened.

other than that,i would never cry or let anybody see or hear me cry.

i think it's a form of weakness.

"aaliyah just stop crying first of all,okay.i cant help you if you're not breathing right."

i looked up,breathing in and out trying to stop.
i sniffled,wiping my eyes letting her know i had stopped,for now.

"okay.did he say he was gonna tell them specifically or did he just hint at it?"

"he said it directly to me. he said "i'm telling my parents." and i tried to stop him but he said he's gonna tell them when they get home and that's in like five minutes."

she sighed,the line went silent.
"oh my god i'm gonna lose my job."
i cried silently as she tried to calm me down again.

"no no no no,i'm gonna fix this don't worry"
she said frantically.

"how? you and aaron barely talk and this is on me not you"
she stalled again.

"what if i call him and try to pay off the sculpture.or maybe i'll just replace that one with one from my house?"

i shook my head knowing i couldn't let her do that.
"no,you're not gonna do that.then you'll be out of ten thousands dollars,this is my mistake"

"and you're my friend,liyah don't worry i'm gonna fix this okay.you are not getting fired.just try to stall around the house and i'll do something really quick,call me in an hour"

i nodded hanging up the phone.
i leaned over the sink,wetting my face.

i was turning red,i was crying so much.

i had cleaned up the glass and moved some stuff around to make it seem like everything was fine,but i could only do so much.

i straightened out my shirt and wiped off my sweats,trying to look as normal as possible.

i heard the front door close and footsteps leading into the kitchen,muffled voices came from outside the bathroom door.

i breathed.
"just act calm,and be normal."
i fixed my hair walking out of the bathroom.

i walked into the kitchen seeing mr and mrs williams standing in the kitchen looking lost.

they both turned my way,mr williams eyes lighting up and mrs williams looking upset.

"oh,aaliyah,i was wondering where you went.is our dinner just about ready?"