fifteen

(a/n: december is tomorrow which means my birthday is official coming up and christmas is just a month away.it snowed today unfortunately.)

-

AALIYAH

it's been a week since the whole situation at aarons house.

the williams are completely oblivious to the fact that i broke a ten thousand dollar sculpture in their house.

i've been working on more art at school and at home to fill my portfolio.

and me and aaron have went back to our regularly scheduled program of barely speaking to eachother and insulting one another.

all is well in my world.

for the past couple of weeks,ms.clark has been planning a field trip to the orlando measeum of art.

she said she would be picking ten of her best students to come with her.
a few days ago i got a permission slip in the mail.

i'm still distracted when we all get onto the bus to go to the museum.

i just can't stop thinking about why aaron would want my help.

we are NOT friends,i wouldn't be his friend if money was up for grabs.
and it kinda is.

i just wanna know what possessed him to wanna be this new person all of a sudden?

for the past month that i've known aaron,every experience we've had together hasn't been a good one.

so why would he wanna change the game now?

i came back to reality when we pulled up at the large building.

we got out walking into the building,it was beautiful on the inside and the outside.

our tour guide gave us the rundown before walking us to different parts of the building,stopping so we could look around.

most people had paired up or had somebody else to talk to while looking at the art but i decided to keep to myself.

i just couldn't stop thinking about aaron and his proposition,and that's saying something because i don't even think about him for more than five minutes.

i stopped to look at a piece of art that had caught my eye.

it was a sculpture in the shape of a stacked cake,but it was made of mirrors.

ms.clark came by putting a hand on my shoulder.
"do you like?"

i nodded,she stood next to me examining the piece herself.

"i wonder what it's about"
i said,she bent down a little to read the small piece of information on the bottom.

"it says that this piece was specifically created by therman statom.he was in a deep state of depression when he was reminded by his wife of twenty years the type of person that he was and what he was worth.he said that the first thing he looked at after becoming a new person was his bathroom mirror,and in the back of his reflection was a piece of art he had spent years working on.he said that he wanted others to experience what he did in that exact moment.he was looking at two pieces of art,the painting and himself."