thirty-seven

NARRATOR

"aaron,can you come here for a second?"
coach asked from across the gym.

today the team was doing conditioning and aaron was completely worn out.

he had been spending so much time with aaliyah that he had been going to sleep late and waking up early for school.

but it was worth it.

aaron slowly ran to the other side of the room,standing in front of his coach.

"i just wanted to let you know that you're off of probation."
he looked down at his clipboard.

aaron stated at him,in shock.

he was expecting to get off but not this soon.

"what?"
he asked.
"but it thought-"

"think again."
his coach gave him a small smile.

coach had noticed a big change in aaron over the past few weeks since he had been out on probation.

he was starting to separate himself from chris slowly,and starting to socialize with more people on the team.

he was
expanding his friend group and being more generous on the court.

his attitude changed tremendously and he was working even harder than ever.

so he thought,why not utilize his skills and put him back on the team,he needed to start getting ready for the playoffs.

"you have become a new person,and you've done something beyond what i thought you could ever achieve.you exceeded my expectations."

he patted his shoulder,telling him to go home before walking off.

aaron smiled running into the locker room to get his stuff ready.

tonight his and aaliyah were hanging out again,and he was more than excited.

they had been spending so much time together that he was completely new person and his mood was out of the roof.

he looked back as he saw one his new close friends,junior,came into the locker room,getting his stuff as well.

"what's up williams,is there a reason as to why that big smile is on your face?"
he asked him.

aaron laughed as he pulled his tank top off,wiping the sweat off of himself with a rag.

"possibly,not that it's that much of a secret."
he smiled.

he pulled his hoodie over his head,running his arms throughly the sleeves.

junior hummed.
"so who's the girl?"
he asked looking his way.

aaron shook his head,putting his finger over his mouth.

very few people knew about aaron and aaliyahs new fling.

most people were suspicious,but it was nothing that they couldn't handle.

"oh can't tell? damn,i thought we buds ?"
he joked.