sixty-four

narrator

"how are you apart of every damn committee in this school?"
aaliyah asked destiny as they stood in the middle of the gym.

with the championship and prom coming up,the gym would have to be decorated twice in the span of a few days.

and of course,destiny was apart of the committee that planned and decorated them.

"i told you to sign up for committees when you first got here,and you didn't listen.that's your fault."
she shook her head as she wrote on her ipad.

aaliyah shook her head.
"this stuff is lame.why do you even participate,all you guys do is hang up decorations-"

"excuse you,this is hard work.i have the plan all this out,work around everybody's schedules,budget our money for decorations and focus on all of my classes at once."
she stared back.

aaliyah nodded as she turned around to walk out the gym.
"i'm gonna go talk to mrs clark real quick,do you want anything from the vending machine?"

"a mello yellow,make sure it's cold this time.
she smirked.

"hopefully when i come back,you'll be on a ladder so i can push you off-"

"get the fuck out before i drop kick you!"
she yelled back as aaliyah exited the gym with a chuckle.

aaliyah ventured down the hallway,stopping at the vending machine before putting in a dollar.

she pressed the mello yellow button before allowing the can to dispense,picking it up before standing straight.

"so,are you pregnant?"

aaliyah jumped back,almost dropping the soda can as she noticed aaron leaning against the vending machine.

she shrugged.
"why,are you gonna lie about that too?"

she turned around in the middle of the hallway,making her way towards the art hallway.

he followed.
"you know what,i'm tryna be here for you.if this kid is mine,if there even is a kid,then-"

"then what? what are you gonna do aaron? stay here and help me take care of it? no,you're not.your mom is probably gonna pay me off and you're gonna be at college next fall,forgetting about me."
she explained.

"that's not true.i know we've been having our differences and what not-"

"oh and what not? you're so fake,you can't even admit that you're completely in the wrong,so you have to try to bring me into it."

aaron stayed quiet as she smacked her lips,adjusting her backpack straps.

"that's besides the point,even if we aren't together anymore,which we shouldn't be,the kid is still mine.i have to take responsibility-"

"do you want a pat on the back or something?"
she asked.

"for what? having human decency? well guess what you're not gonna get it.why are you talking to me? seriously aaron? what do you need,we have nothing to talk about.you are ruining this more and more for me,stop coming near me.i don't wanna see you,i don't wanna hear you,i don't even wanna smell you,go away and stay away,okay? if i end up pregnant,so what? i'll figure it out on my own,just like i have everything else.trust me,when i find out,you will be the last person to know.got it?"
she went off at it.