twenty-four

AALIYAH

"the silver goes really nice with the red napkins and roses but the planner thinks the gold silver wear would be classy"

i stood in the Williams kitchen as we went over a few more details for the event.

the fundraiser was getting closer and closer by the day,and it was time for us to step back and let the workers do all the work.

we were finalizing details and accents that would be at the event.

"i agree,i think the gold would look good with the red,what about you love?"
mr Williams turned to his wife.

she looked at the pamphlet in front of us,before looking my way with her arms crossed.

"the gold is too much,the silver looks simple and it's traditional"
she argued back.

"well why don't we ask aaliyah,aaliyah do you think,the gold looks better or the silver?"

mr Williams asked as they both turned my way.

i stuttered trying to find an answer.
"well i-i don't"

she raised her eyebrows waiting for an answer.

"i like both."
i decided safely on an answer.

she rolled her eyes at my response.
"what about the caterers,did they call back yet?"

i nodded.
"yes,they have all the food scheduled to be made fresh the day of the event and the bakers called and said they'll be delivering the deserts around two"

i had never been to a fundraising event,much less planned one.

but some how,the Williams felt responsible enough to let me handle most of the planning.

"ok so most of the event is planned,i scheduled both of your fittings and Antonio should be here in a few weeks"
she looked his way,a small smile taking up her face.

he nodded turning my way quickly.
"that reminds me,Aaliyah we wanna make sure everyone's colors don't clash,what color is your dress?"

i stood in silence,i completely forgot about the fact that i have to ditch my sweats and wear a dress.

"dress?"

they both nodded looking at me slightly shocked.
"you do have a dress,don't you?"

"well not really but i was just thinking that i would-"

"Charlie!"
he blurted,interrupting my response.

i scrunched up my face confused.
"who's Charlie?"
i ask.

"she's one of our favorite designers.she designed and made her wedding dress"

i barely liked wearing jeans,so a dress was far from what i had planned.

and on top of that,they wanted me to get fitted for a dress,that would cost me half my money?

the devil is a lie.