seventy-one

narrator

James' heel tapped at a rapid pace as he held his chin on top of his fist,letting out a loud sigh.

miles stopped in front of destiny as he handed her a water,before sitting down in the seat next to her.

destiny took a sip of the water before leaning back in the chair.
"we've been waiting for an hour and nobodies told us anything. how long does this take?"

James rubbed his eyes.
"i don't know,it could take hours. this has only ever happened one other time;when she was twelve. i didn't know she was allergic and the teacher gave her candy,thankfully,they treated her before anything could happen."

miles glared at aaron on the other side of the waiting room,deciding to keep a distance from aaliyah's family.

"why would you give her,peanuts,you dumba-

"it wasn't on purpose,obviously. i didn't make the cookies so how was i supposed to know-"

"you two were together for five months and she never told you she was allergic to fucking peanuts?"

miles said worked up which made destiny pull him back into his seat.

aaron sighed.
"she told me about it like two months ago. i got the cookies from the baking class,i knew about her allergies,i should've checked. so yes,it's my fault."

miles nodded.
"swell,and let me ask you a question. is it there any chance that one of your little friends are also in the baking class,that made those cookies?"

aaron stayed silent which told miles all he needed to know.

he chuckled.
"fantastic."

destiny got up from her chair,sitting in the seat next to aaron.

"don't worry"
she whispered.
"she's gonna be fine. it was an accident. right?"

she looked him in the eyes,noticing a shine in them.
"you know i would never-"

"i don't know,aaron. i honestly don't know where your head is anymore. i mean,you've changed,within these past few months,i've learned to hate you more than i thought i ever could. so,do i think there's a possibility you could've did this on purpose? yeah,i kinda do-"

"destiny,i would never hurt her."
he defended,making her raise an eyebrow at him,gesturing to the hospital room they were in.

"not physically and not on purpose. i know where i went wrong,and i know that you all probably hate me but,just know,none of this would've happened if it didn't have to."

"so what are you saying? you did all of this because?"

-

"you are so fucking stupid."
destiny folded her arms after aaron had told her the whole story.

"but i'm actually quite impressed,that you would even think to do something like that,i mean."
she laughed.

"i know,but i never thought that it would get this out of hand. i just wanted to do what was best for her. instead,i fucked everything up."
he put his head in his hands.