thirty-one

song for this chapter:

pov - ariana grande
(for all of my pretty,and all of my ugly too,i'd love to see my from your point of view)

-

AALIYAH

"carson just dropped off your dress from charlie."
destiny said popping her head into the door.

i sat in my same spot in the middle of her room waiting for her to get back with my dress.

tonight was the night.

destiny had put curlers in my already straightened hair and had almost completely finished my light makeup.

i wasn't for wearing a lot of makeup in the first place,so the fact that they didn't like that either made it a lot easier for me.

even though i wasn't wearing a lot of makeup,i still looked completely different.

my skin was evened out,my eyes covered in a combination of light brown shades.

my eyebrows had been brushed and slightly filled in,and my face was highlighted in some places.

we also spent twenty minutes arguing about how the eyelash curler was hurting me as she did it,until ultimately deciding that mascara was the way to go.

according to her,false eyelashes were not needed,considering i already had long ones.

and due to the fact that i wouldn't let her put them on me.

before i knew it,destiny and her mom were running into destiny's room all excited while holding a large bag,that held what i'm assuming is my dress.

"we peeked a little on the way up here."

mrs johnson smiled grabbing my hand and leading me towards destiny's bed as she
laid the dress down on it.

"ok,on three?"
destiny asked holding the zipper,i laughed telling her to just open it.

they both smile hovering over the dress as i sat in the vanity chair.

"one"

"two"

"three."

she pulled the zipper down,exposing the dress fully as all three of us gasped in unison.

red.

the dress was red.

or crimson as most would call it.

the same color that i had told aaron to go with for his suit.

this was NOT planned at all.

when charlie said that she would surprise me with the color,i didn't think that red would be the first choice.

i was actually praying that it wouldn't,but clearly was prayers were not answered.