thirteen

(a/n: i'm sorry if my update seem slow.i like writing at night which is why i always update at midnight and i always like to read over my chapters before i post them.)

-

AARON

i walked into the house from basketball practice,sweaty and tired.

coach hyland has been working is extra hard this season.

the championship is months away,but ever since our almost loss last year against canyon view high school,coach hasn't been the same.

he insists that we work twice as hard this year so they we don't come that close to losing,ever again.

without me our team would have lost that game,everybody knew it and admitted it.

but coach still wasn't happy with my decisions.

he said that i'm not the only person on the team,and that next time he's not gonna put me in just because he feels like he needs to,because there won't be a next time.

flashback*

"you need to start thinking about the rest of this team,not just yourself."
he stood with his hands on his hips.

i wiped my face with my shirt.
"i am,i know it's not just me,me and the guys are just fine together.we all hang out after school-"

"it's not about how you guys work together off the court,it's about you guys work together on it."

"i hate to tell you aaron but you're selfish and cocky.you're good but talent and looks can only get you so far.i'm sick of the attitude and the constant nagging,because next time you get into it with another team mate that's it.you're not gonna be on the bench,you're gonna be going home and saying goodbye to the nba."

i shook my head,i'm not cocky i just know how to stand up for myself.

"i don't see the problem none of the guys have a problem with me so why should you?"

"i'm not your friend aaron,i'm your coach and i'm telling you now,you only care about yourself on that court and how you look."
he told me,his eyes were on mine.

"whenever you got into that fight with michael last year,were you thinking about the fact that you almost cost us our win? No! because you were only thinking about your god damn self williams!"

i looked down avoiding his eyes,he was fuming as his fingers ran through his hair.

"get it together,this team isn't about you it's about us.fix your priorities or else i'll fix them for you.I'll tell you right now if college isn't gonna tolerate your attitude and work ethnic,neither is the nba!"

he turned away from me walking out of the gym,leaving me just standing there.
alone.

end of flashback*

i stepping into my room throwing my shoes off and jumping onto my bed face first.

"what am i gonna do,what am i gonna do,think,think,think?!"
i mumbled looking up at my ceiling.