sixty-two

(i'm kinda sad this book is coming to an end but my next book is gonna be soon and i'm excited🥳)

narrator

aria sighed lowly as she finished moisturizing the expensive lotion into her legs before checking her appearance in the mirror.

she sighed,content with her looks before turning the lights off and entering back into the bedroom.

she groaned.
"my neck is killing me."
she rubbed her neck.
"i think i'm gonna schedule an appointment for tomorrow after our noon meeting,i could use a massage."

she paused in the middle of the room,in search of her husband,not seeing him anywhere in sight.

"mark?"
she looked around.

"mark?!"
she peered around the corner of the closet before entering with a sigh.

"there you are."
she chuckles.
"i though you disappeared on me-what are you doing?"

she stopped in the large closet,watching him fold his laundry and place it on the floor.

"did martha not iron your clothes? i can ask to her do them tomorrow-"

"no,martha is fine.we on the other hand,are not."
he peered up at her as he got up from his spot on the floor before looking around the closet.

"what are you talking about? is this something that aaron put you up to?"
she folded her arms.

mark shook his head as he pulled out his suitcase before beginning to place his folded clothes in it.

"aaron has nothing to do with this,this is about you."
he pointed.

"is there some business trip that i don't know about or am i-"

"aria,there is no trip,i'm leaving."
he stated,making her face change.

"what do you mean?"

"i meant what i said.i cant stay in this marriage anymore,it's a burden.we never agree on anything and you make all the decisions."
he told her as he zipped the suitcase closed.

"you can't leave!"
she told him as he carried the suitcase out of the closet and placed it on the bed.

"watch me."
he told her as he grabbed a jacket out of the closet,placing it on his shoulders.

aria let out a breath as she followed him around the room,watching him pack up his things.

"mark?"

he shook his head.

"mark?!"

"what! what could you possible want to say in this moment that could even make me feel remotely any better?!"
he asked her.

"what do you want me to do? what did i do wrong,tell me!"
she asked desperately.

he sighed,sitting on the bed.