thirty-six

AARON

"so what are we doing for your birthday man? big party? michael's brother has the hookup."
chris said walking with me.

truth be told,i didn't want to have a big party for my birthday,even though i was gonna be turning eighteen.

i was just worn out at this point.

spending years and years,partying and trying to live up to everybody's hypocritical fucking expectations.

"no actually,me and my parents are gonna hang out on my birthday so,i'm not free."

chris stopped in the middle of the hallway looking at me.
"ok,cut the bullshit."
he laughed.

i shrugged looking at him with a serious expression.
"i'm not kidding,i'm busy."

me and chris haven't been hanging out recently,and it seems like our relationship is just getting worse instead of better.

me and chris have been friends for over three years,and i've never had a problem with his behavior.

but i guess i'm starting to see his true colors.

"what the fuck is up with you? first you're hanging out with that bitch and now you don't wanna party?"
he asks.

"don't call her a bitch,you don't know her and frankly you're no better."
i told him.

"i'm the the one lying to my parents about hanging out with somebody who has no future!"

"you know what,shut the fuck up chris! you barely have a future either,you think basketball and drinking are gonna get you past college,but you're wrong!"
i yelled back.

he froze in the middle of the hallway,laughing at me.

"that was low,real low.you wanna act like you weren't just the same way two months ago,fine you do that but don't bring me into it fucker."
he pointed at me.

"at least i'm trying to better myself! you don't care,all you do is think about yourself,grow up!"

"no,you grow up ron.you're fucking going insane,breaking up with jessica on the spot,hanging out with people from the flats,what the fuck,who are you?!"

i threw my head back rolling my eyes.

chris has no chill when it comes to calling people out,but then again neither did i so it was a lose lose for both of us.

"who are you! you can't tell me where to go or who to hang out with!if i wanna hang with aaliyah,fine i'll do that shit,and if you have a problem with it-"

"i do!"
he yelled.

"well then maybe we don't need to be fucking friends anymore!"

"we don't!"
he yelled.

i laughed running my hands through my hair before sticking my middle finger up at him,walking away.

"fuck you."

"yeah well fuck you too!"