fifty

narrator

"just jump in!"
aaron yelled as he encouraged the girls.

with the boys basketball team winning the last game and going into the playoffs,the team would now be even busier that usual.

in less than three months,the group would be graduating,going to prom,finishing up school and getting ready for college in the fall.

with their schedules already occupied,the group had been trying their hardest to squeeze in some time together.

since the group had been stressed all day,destiny and anthony had invited them over to swim in their pool.

"i don't know how to swim!"
destiny said as she circled around the pool,stalling.

miles laughed.
"baby,just jump in,i got you!"
he yelled trying to get her to jump.

destiny had a big fear of high waters,and had spent most of the time lounged in the beach chair.

but that wasn't enough for miles,who began to get bored before deciding to try to persuade her.

"miles,i swear to god if you don't-"

"i will!just jump-"

before miles could finish his sentence,destiny had closed her eyes and jumped into the water,allowing him to catch her.

miles laughed,his smile radiant as he held her close,swimming next to her as he held a water basketball.

the sun was shining bright,birds were chewing and the group was happy,well most of them.

while the rest of the group was clad in swimsuits and beaming with smiles,aaliyah was dressed in sweats,quiet as she sat in the corner and watched.

"hey my mom made birria tacos,come eat!"
junior ventured out from the house,as the rest of the group got up to leave the pool.

juniors once social and interactive close friend was now down and had not a single emotion in her face.

concerned for her mental health,he ventured over to her,sitting in the beach chair next to her.

"hey,what's wrong? why aren't you swimming?"
he asked.

she shook her head,wiping the tears that had cascaded down her face.
"no reason."

junior had been described as the big fluffy bear that you would see people getting for valentine's day.

he was soft,and comforting and good for giving advice.

so it's no surprise that aaliyah would finally start to take advantage of the incredible trait that many of his friends had grown to love.

"do you want to talk about it?"
junior asked,moving his seat so that they were sitting across from eachother.

aaliyah sniffled,hesitating on her answer as she played with the rings on her fingers.

aaliyah hardly ever came out and talked about when was having problems.

she thought that it would ruin the moment and hated having people pity her or say sorry for something that they didn't need to.