twelve

(a/n: ok so wanted to do this thing where i kinda match the real dates and holidays to the ones in the story but it's not really working bc thanksgiving was yesterday and we just passed halloween in this story but i'll see what i can do.<3)

-

AALIYAH

"so do they make you wear like a little uniform or something,you know like the cute little ones in the anime's?"

anthony joked as he took a bite from the french fry basket we were all sharing.

i rolled my eyes,stifling a laugh so he wouldn't notice that i thought his little joke was funny.

"haha,no.i can wear whatever i want.i'm not a toy,their not gonna dress me.i dress myself stupid."

he nodded,sipping his milkshake.

me,anthony,and destiny were all sitting in a diner a few minutes away from our school.

a lot of kids hung out here after school days and on weekends.

they had really good food here and it reminded of of when i used to work at teresa's before we moved.

the lady who ran this diner was a sweet older lady who also reminded me of teresa.

she was small and sweet.
she knew my usual order and she was always really welcoming to us whenever we all came in.

destiny brought me here a few days ago after the whole party situation went down.

i didn't necessarily hate the party but it definitely wasn't the best experience for my first party since moving here.

so,destiny kept her promise and bought me a meal here when we all met up and talked.

carlotta was so sweet and welcoming that when she found out miles was in need of a small side job,she was quick to offer.

now he washes dishes for her and cleans occasionally when he's not at basketball.

we've only been here a few weeks but she says he reminds her of her son who lives out of state with his family.

it's nice to know that there's people around here who's aren't completely spoiled and disrespectful.

"so like do you clean the bedrooms and stuff.what do they look like?"
destiny asked me,wiping her mouth.

i shook my head not really having an answer.
"i haven't gotten that far yet.they said they need to be able to trust me first,so they make me clean downstairs and after while they'll move me upstairs"

the williams family had an weird set of rules that i thought about all the time,because they were oddly specific.

for the first month or two,i'm only allowed to work downstairs.
cook in and clean the kitchen,clean the downstairs bathroom and living room,tidy up the downstairs guest room,stuff like that.

i was also only allowed to eat at the counter and not the table.
why,i didn't know.

i could get a drink or meal every once in a while but i wasn't allowed to be in their pantry at certain times of the day.