sixty-one

narrator

"you sure you don't want me to take you? my break is in ten so i can hurry up and take you over there-"

"no i'm fine.i know how to drive,i can take myself there."
aaliyah glanced at miles who held a broom in his hand.

Carlotta peered over the counter
"you want anything to to go? i have a chocolate milkshake ready for you-"

she shook her head.
"y'all,i am fine,and besides i already ate,thank you though.i'll see you later at the house,okay?"

miles sighed,switching the broom from his left arm to his right before pulling aaliyah in for a hug.

"bye everybody."
she waved as she exited the familiar restaurant with a small smile.

she ventured onto the sidewalk before unlocking her car and hopping in,turning on the key.

she sighed,not even in the mood to pull out of her parking spot and go to her job.

'universe,god,whoever,please let this hurry up and be over'
she thought.

she only had a good two weeks before her contract had ended and she got paid her salary.

even though this year was anything but perfect,she was still happy that she had gotten what she intended to get.

money.

she pulled out of her parking spot before making her way to the gated community.

the more she drove,the more she dreaded doing her job,she pressed button on her car,turning on the radio.

"good afternoon orlando! today is a good day,the weather today is a high of eighty and a low of sixty five,so make sure you're dressed appropriately.as the school year ends,more and more richland highschool seniors are getting accepted into their dream colleges,today we have marcus wayne who just got accepted into usc,congrats marcus,that's a long ways out,and a big shoutout to emma paul who just got a full ride scholarship to princeton,hello new jersey! if you have any family or friends or even yourself that just got into a school and you want us to shout you out,call us at 555-2965 and we'll make it happen! today marks three weeks until richland highschool seniors graduate and move on with their life,and two weeks until the all mighty champion ship! mark your calendars folks because the game is april twenty first and you don't wanna miss it,it has been estimated that over four thousand people will attend so far and the number just keeps growing and growing! of course, a significant amount of that number is for the love and support of our very own aaron williams,he's been accepted into over eight schools across florida already and even more across the country.schools are lined up to offer him a spot on their top teams and even willing to push another students out in order to have him in,it's getting crazy out here.aaron williams has never talked about what his dream school may be,but soon enough we will know.next week,aaron will be interviewed by one of the top news stations in the city,we're gonna get to know more about the high school senior,what are his plans? who he looks up to? and even if there is a special someone in this life,this is rick brady with orlando-"

aaliyah cleared her throat as she turned the radio off,turning into the gated driveway.

she let out a big breath before hopping out of her car,walking up to the door step before entering the home.