eleven

AARON

"ok wait wait wait,so you mean to tell me that y'all never would have won that game if you and michael hadn't fought that day?"

i nodded.
me,jessica,chris,ryan,chris' new companion and a few other guys were sitting in my living room.

me and chris were telling the story of how we won the championship last year,by mistake.

"i can't make this up,nicki"
i said,she leaned back taking a drink from her beer.

nicki was chill and nice.
chris has met her a few weeks ago through a friend from our team.

they had been hooking up ever since and i guess he found her somewhat tolerable considering she was still hanging out with us.

"ok so here's the full story."
chris took a sip of his beer before starting the story,laughing.

"we were about to get on the bus to go to the state championship and aaron's dumb ass had been running his mouth all day about how he was better than michael and all this bullshit."

everybody laughed as i obliged about how that wasn't true,even though it most definitely was.

"we got on the bus and they argued the whole way there.when we got off the bus and into the locker room,of course aaron just had to have the last word.and so when michael got up in his face,of course aaron had to throw the first punch."

michael shook his head laughing at the situation that had happened not to long ago.

me and michael weren't best friends,more so teammates.

me only really conversed when we were playing basketball and at practice.

but other than that,me and his didn't have the best record when it came to getting along.

sometimes he ran his mouth and i'll admit,a lot of times i ran mine too.
but nonetheless,he was still one of the guys and wherever all the other guys were,he was there too.

"i remember it so clearly,aaron beat the shit out of michael.no offensive."
chris looked michaels way.

michael nodded,taking a sip of his drink before agreeing,"shit none taken.you beat my ass,no lie."

"anyways,coach found out ten minutes before the game and benched them both."

everybody seemed to be somewhat interested in the story.
"we were losing the game,and then just before halftime hit,one of our players got hurt.coach had no choice but to put aaron back in.and that's how we went home state champs that night."

i'm not the only one who thought that situation was crazy because it ended up being in the newspaper for a few weeks.

'Richland highschool's star player 'Aaron Williams' gets benched after outrageous locker room brawl,and ends up taking home the state championship trophy'

When it comes to basketball,Richland highschool is no stranger to the glory of winning the state championship.

Star player Aaron Williams (who has been on the team since freshman year) dominated on the court this weekend — along with his close best friend,Chris Antoni.