thirty-eight

narrator

(y'all i think ima start writing povs like this from now on.)

today was christmas eve,and aaliyah and miles were more than excited to give back to their community.

they spent their whole morning getting ready just to head over to the building and help set up.

destiny spent the whole week planning out her outfit after getting invited,and anthony just threw on something he had in his closet.

miles had also invited junior,and since they were close friends,junior was more than happy to attend.

after his dominican mother spent all morning lecturing him about ironing his collared shirt,he was off.

on the other hand,aaron had scheduled an appointment the night before to meet up at a dog adoption center.

his parents were never really keen on the idea of having a big,dirty,hairy dog messing up their home,but aaron convinced them.

he would have to leave the event early to make it there in time,simply because it was christmas eve.

aaron wanted to keep it casual but look nice as well.

so he decided on wearing a red cable knit sweater,black designer jeans and red chicago ones,since him and aaliyah decided to match.

he made sure his curly hair was in tact before running down the stairs and grabbing his keys off the hook,heading for the garage.

"aaron! where are you going,it's christmas eve?"
his mother stopped him by the garage door,arms folded.

his mother was aware that her son had been spending an awful lot of time away from home and she always remembered to keep her eyes open.

"i know but i was just-"

"no! it's a holiday and we want you home tonight!"
she assured him.

aaron knew that his mom had made the decision on her own without talking to his dad.

but he couldn't miss this event,for her,so he needed to figure out someway to get out the house without her knowing.

"ok."
he said running back up the stairs before planning his escape.

he kept his keys in his pocket so that he could drive his car.

aaron lived in a prestigious,high security,gated community on the hilltop of town.

along with the twins,junior,chris,ryan and all of his other friends from school.

it was just above the local beach and no matter where you stayed in the community,you had a great view.

the whole community itself was secured by a gate at the front entrance,that only people on the list could get into.

and once you made it past the gate,you would have to find their house,which was also gated,and have a code to get into their personal gate.