fifty-nine

narrator

"aaliyah,please eat something.one slice of pizza at least."

miles stood at aaliyahs locked door,holding the one slice of pepperoni pizza on the plate.

aaliyah had barely eaten over the past few days,just a bag of chips and lots of water.

she was holed up in her room most of the time,crying on her bed,holding rocco.

miles knocked again.

"i'm not hungry.i don't want it."
she sniffed,turning her tv up,waiting for miles to go away.

she heard his footsteps venture farther away before she sighed,using rocco as a pillow.

she felt numb.

she couldn't talk,she couldn't eat,she couldn't sleep.

nothing.

a few minutes later she heard footsteps get closer and closer to her door before stopping.

"miles please,go away-"

she heard the door rattled before it popped open,him walking in and closing it.

"how did you get in here?"
she asked sitting up in bed,rocco doing the same.

he shrugged.
"i did that weird ass bobbie pin trick thing you girls do.anyway,i brought you pizza,don't let it get cold."

she took a long hard look at his face,remembering the incident that had happened just a few days before.

miles' face was now covered in cuts and bruises,but aaron's was way worse.

aaliyah let out a big breath as she held on tight to rocco,who was now three times the size he was when she first got him.

"um,i'm not hungry,but you can leave it on my dresser."
she sniffed.

miles sighed as he sat the pizza on her dresser,sitting down on the end of her bed.

he petted rocco.
"rocco go eat."

rocco's ears perked up making him jump off the bed and run out of the room.

miles laid down next to aaliyah,putting his head in her pillow.

"before i try to comfort you,i just need clarity.you and aaron didn't have sex in this bed,correct?"
he asked.

aaliyah sighed,feeling her eyes start to burn for millionth time today.

"okay,i'll take that as a no."
he sighed.
"he really was not worth it i swear,liyah."

aaliyah's chest stopped before she let out a big sob,burring her face into her comforter.

since miles wasn't the only one who felt like punching somebody that day,aaliyah also got suspended.

anthony called to check up on her a few times and destiny was over whenever she could be.