fifty-three

Aaliyah

"oh my god,just tell me the surprise already,hurry up!!"
i dragged my words.

aaron laughed from being me,keeping his hand firm on my eyes.
"hold on,hold on."

i laughed as we took a few more steps forwards before coming to a complete stop.

it was quiet.

the wind felt good and spring was right around the corner.

"ok,open your eyes in three,two-"

i opened my eyes before he could finish,staring at the black honda civic in front of me.

my heart dropped.

this car reminded me of him.

"i know what your thinking,but it's ok."
he told me.

"nothing bad is gonna happen,i promise you."
he said putting his arms around my neck.

i sighed.
"why did you bring it here?"
i ask curiously.

he let out a big breath,taking his arms from around my shoulders and standing in front of me.

"i thought that i could teach you how to drive again.i know,even though you won't admit it,you're getting sick and tired of having to wait on everybody else,so i thought this would help."
he said softly.

i had no problem with aaron bringing my car and trying to get me comfortable with driving again out of the kindness of his heart.

the problem was that i didn't trust myself.
how could i be so sure that once i got comfortable,i wouldn't mess up again.

"we don't have to if you don't want-"

"no no"
i interrupted him.
"it's okay,come on."

i unlocked the doors before we both hopped in the car,sitting in silence as we waited.

the car was quiet and awkward.
i didn't really know what to say or do.

the accident was still fresh in my Brain and although i still knew how to drive,the fear that was taking over my body was inevitable.

i placed my hands on the steering wheel before letting out a big breath.
"ok."

i reached back,pulling the seatbelt over my chest before clicking it in,and hearing Aaron's do the same

i turned on the car before looking around and pulling out of the driveway,slowly cruising down the street.

-

"so you haven't driven in a year and you mean to tell me that you drove all the way here on your own?"
anthony asked.

i nodded.
"well not all on my own,aaron helped but yeah,i did."
i brag slightly.

after me and aaron had driven around the city for a while,junior called us and invited us all over for a little lunch.

the championship is in less than two weeks and with everything that's been going on,i think it was well deserved.