twenty-seven

AARON

"so what are you doing for thanksgiving?"
jessica asked as we both sat in my room.

"um,i'm not sure.we don't really have anything planned so."
i spoke in a monotone voice.

she hummed,her full attention on the phone in front of her.

"you seem to be spending a lot of time with miss flats,i see."
she brought up randomly.

i made a face at her,confused on how and where aaliyah came up in this conversation.

"well i mean she does work here so"
i trailed off,rubbing the back off my head as she sat on my bed and i was in my desk chair.

"you know what i mean aaron.i'm tired of you denying it."
she said looking at me.

i threw my hands up laughing.
"denying what jessica? that i don't completely hate her now?"

"yeah that,why don't you just go ahead and admit that you're starting to warm up to her"
she complained.

"and if i am,what's the problem with that? i didn't know it was against the law to get to know somebody better."

"it is when you're in a relationship."
she said cockily.

i rolled my eyes getting out of my seat and walking into my bathroom as she got up and followed me.

i walked into my shower,turning it on and letting the water heat up,closing my shower door.

"you're the last person who should be complaining about this relationship.i see you twice a week and half the time you're with your friends.it doesn't seem like you're too committed to this relationship either."

she followed me out of my bathroom as i walked into my closet looking for clothes to sleep in.

she leaned against a shelf on my closet.
"that has nothing to do with this conversation,i thought we were talking about you?"

"or are we?"
i ask her shrugging my shoulders,digging through my clothes.

"don't go trying to make it seem like i'm in the wrong,you know what you're doing is wrong."
she stood next to me.

"nothings wrong with getting along with somebody,besides i thought you didn't have any competition?"
i smirk.

"god no,she's nowhere near me.i'm not worried about her taking you away from me,i just don't want her ignorant ass around."

"taking me away from you?"
i ask.
"i'm not your property,i don't belong to you.if i wanna be friends with aaliyah,i can be friends with aaliyah.it's not a sin jessica."

she pulled me away from my clothes making me look her in the eyes.

"you have never been interested in being friends with somebody from the flats,what the hell has gotten in to you? all of a sudden you're mister friendly."

i rolled my eyes grabbing a pair of sweatpants.
"what the hell has gotten into you? it's almost like,you're jealous."
i widened my eyes.