sixty

narrator

"i don't even wanna be here,i don't even wanna see him."
aaliyah told destiny as they speed walked down the hallway.

aaliyah and miles' suspension was now over,but with that came the draining idea of returning to school.

and seeing who they dreaded the most.

"don't even look at him,okay? he's not worth it.just walk and ignore him."
she reminded her.

"i know,you guys have been telling me the same thing for the past 24 hours,i get it."
aaliyah assured them.

miles stopped.
"are you sure you're fine? i don't wanna leave if you're not 100 percent okay.do you need me to walk you-"

"no i'm fine.i promise,i don't even care about the situation anymore.i'm good,i swear."
she looked him the eyes.

miles sighed loudly before nodding.
"okay,text me if you need anything."
he pulled her into a hug,tightly.

"okay.you're gonna kill me if you don't let go."
she smiled small as he let her go.

he grabbed destiny's hand before they both waved her goodbye.

aaliyah sighed as she lead herself through the full hallway,squeezing through bodies in order to get to her first class.

she turned a corner only to be pushed into a body and caught before she could fall into the floor.

she looked up,praying that it wasn't who she thought it was,her prayers were answered as junior pulled her back into her feet.

she sighed.
"i'm sorry,i wasn't looking where i was going,i don't even know if i wanna be here."

he shook his head as he placed an arm around her before they began walking down the hallway.

"don't."
he stated.
"don't let him ruin this for you,you have just over a month before you're out of here-"

"i don't even know if i got into college or not,i applied to like ten and none of them have sent me a damn letter telling me if i did or did not get in."

aaliyah was starting to get hazey.
she had applied to multiple colleges since the school year started and yet she had gotten nothing.

most importantly,she had been waiting on a letter from u of miami.

originally,her goal was to get into miami international university of art and design,but her goal had changed.

she felt like a burden in her own world.

maybe art wasn't for her.

maybe she should just drop this whole art thing and find a new major,this didn't seem like the most logical way to go.

becoming a world renown artist could take years,decades even.
and with that came being financially stable.

in her eyes,selling the art was what was keeping the roof over her head and the food on the table,and if there was no art selling,there was no stability.