Chapter 73

A few weeks go by and besides having to go to school, Luke and I don't really leave our apartment. I was starting to feel better, but I just wanted to do nothing but stay in with him. If I could just stay wrapped in his arms forever, then I would be perfectly content. 

Bradley has been going to my dad's, but I refuse to go anymore. I haven't seen or talked to him since that Sunday night, and I don't plan to anytime soon. I imagine he gets the hint since he hasn't tried to contact me or anything.

It was only a few weeks until Christmas and I had yet to get any shopping done. I had to buy for a lot more people this year than I have ever had to before, but I didn't mind that. I loved giving people gifts. I would have to buy for my mom and Bradley like usual, Linley, Ashton, Calum, Michael and of course, Luke. I would also send gifts to Abigail and Ben back home since they couldn't be here. I honestly had no idea what to get anyone, nor did I know what I would be getting. Especially from Luke. I got excited just thinking about it. 

It doesn't feel like it's almost time for Christmas at all, probably because it is 87 degrees and sunny. Back in Ohio, we would have at least two feet of snow by now. I love the warm weather don't get me wrong, but it never feels like Christmas to me without snow. Since I couldn't have snow, I wanted to decorate our apartment as much as we could. I had shared this idea with Luke, but he didn't seem too thrilled.

It was a Saturday morning and we had just woken up. We were laying in each other's arms, something that I never got tired of. Even though I had woken up next to him every morning before we got our own apartment, it felt even better now that we did have our own place. He removes himself from me and gets out of bed, taking all of the warmth with him.

"What are you doing?" I whine at his absence.

"Let's get dressed and go out," he says with a smile.

"Can't we just stay in bed and snuggle?" I mumble into the pillow.

"Babe, that's all we've been doing lately. We need to get out. Come on, we can go to the beach or something." He holds his hand out, waiting for mine to take it. I sigh and grab it and he pulls me out of bed, bringing me into his arms once again. He smiles down at me and kisses my cheek. "As much as I like the sight of you in my just my t-shirt and your panties, you should probably put more clothing on to go out," he laughs.

"Do we have to be anywhere at any certain time?" I ask him.

"No..." He trails off with a smirk on his face.

"What do you say about a quick shower?" I whisper in his ear. 

"I like the sound of that," he says with a laugh. Before I know it, he scoops me up and takes off towards the bathroom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After our very intimate shower, we finish getting ready and head out. Luke told me we were going to the beach, so I had my swimsuit on underneath my clothes. The windows were down as usual, blowing my hair in all directions as Luke drove extremely fast. Reckless Abandon by blink-182 was blaring and we were both singing along to every word. 

"Where are we going?" I ask when he takes a turn that does not lead to the beach. 

"Don't worry about it," he says with a smile.

"Luke! I'm wearing my swimsuit!" I jokingly hit him on the arm.

"Will you just shush and enjoy the ride?" He laughs.

I sigh and sit back in my seat with a smile. 

A few minutes later, we arrive at a parking lot in front of a ton of rows of trees. I turn to give Luke a confused look when he turns the car off.

"I thought that the first thing we would need is a Christmas tree. You know, since you want to decorate our apartment," he smiles.

"I thought you didn't want to decorate," I say and cross my arms.

"If it makes you happy, then we'll do it." He leans in and kisses my cheek before getting out of the car. I can't help but smile and put my hand on my cheek where his kiss is still lingering. He opens my door and takes my hand, leading me to a small building.

An older man leads us through each row of trees. We swing our hands lightly as we pass each tall, green tree.

"Pick whatever one you want," Luke says to me. I continue to look, but I still haven't found the one yet. I had to find a good one, full and bright. 

As we walk through the third row, I feel my eyes light up as I spot the perfect one. I stop and stare up at the tall, beautiful tree in front of us. Luke and the man look at me with question. 

"This is the one," I smile. The kind man cuts it down and loads it onto the top of Luke's car with two other men. 

"Please don't scratch my car," Luke says loudly. He sighs and I take his hand and squeeze it, trying to calm him down before he gets too mad. 

We leave with the tree on top of the car and he drives us to a store.

"We have to get ornaments, don't we?" He asks with a smile. I smile back and nod.

We spend a while in the store, picking out the perfect lights and ornaments.

"One more thing," he says and picks up a box. He holds it up and it is a gold, light-up star. 

After we load the decorations carefully into the car, we finally make our way home. I reach my hand over and grab Luke's hand. He looks at me and I smile.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Anything for you baby, I just want you to feel at home."

"I always do with you," I say and a small smile spreads across my lips. He brings my hand up to his mouth and gently kisses it. 

Getting the tree off of our car and into the elevator was definitely a struggle, but with the help of two of the lobbymen, we got it into our apartment successfully. Luke set it up all by himself. It was placed perfectly in the corner of the room, in front of the giant window that ran across our living room. It filled the air with a wonderful scent and reminded me of all the different trees my family had throughout the years. We took turns putting up ornaments and lights. Lastly, Luke held up the star.

"Let's put it up together," I say with a smile. Luke lifts me up and sits me on his shoulder.

"Does this count as together?" He laughs.

"Not really," I say and laugh. He tells me to put it up anyways. I reach across and put it on top and it completes the tree.

When Luke sets me down, he wraps me up in his arms and we look at the beautiful sight of the tree together. It was our own.

"I love you Allis," he says and I can feel him looking down at me. 

I turn and look into his beautiful blue eyes that are reflecting the lights in the tree. "I love you Luke."

"More than yesterday?" He asks.

"Way more than yesterday," I wink and stand on my tippy toes to connect our lips.