Chapter 64

When we got back home, I noticed that Troy's car was parked in the driveway. I wasn't sure how I felt about meeting his kids, I'm not a very good people person. I'm just glad that Luke would be by my side all day.

Then I remembered something that made my stomach completely flip: today was the day that Luke and I would be telling my mom that we were getting an apartment together, this made the food that I just ate want to come up. How could I have forgotten? This was going to be a very eventful dinner.

We walked into the house and I could smell my mother's delicious cooking. Her Thanksgiving dinners were always the best, making this my second favorite holiday, just because of the food. When we walked into the living room, I could see the back of two heads sitting on the couch watching T.V. The boy and girl turned around when they heard us walk in. The boy looked awfully familiar and I could have sworn I'd seen him before, but I couldn't place where. Luke had the same look as me and I could tell he knew him as well. I'm not sure how we could have seen him if he just flew here. He was very handsome and well-dressed. His hair was a dark brown and styled in a quiff that was a little messier than Luke's. He was giving me a smirk that was almost a smile and I couldn't look away.

"Well hello there," Troy says to us as he walks into the room, breaking mine and the boy's gaze. They both get up and stand next to their father, the boy staying a few feet away from him. It was obvious that he didn't care for his father, something that we already had in common. "These are my lovely children that I am so thankful to have here with me today," he says. The boy rolls his eyes at his dad's remarks and it causes a small smile to appear on my face. "This is Georgia," he says and she walks up to shake our hands. "And this is Louis."

It all comes to me at once and hits me like a train. "Louis Tomlinson?!" I yell and gasp at the same time.

He looks around the room and slowly nods. Louis Tomlinson from One Direction was Troy's son, and he was standing right in front of me. I knew I had seen him somewhere. One Direction had recently become pretty popular in America right before I left and Abigail was obsessed with them. I didn't really pay attention to them since they weren't exactly my kind of music, but Abigail had shown me pictures of them and that's where I saw Louis. How did he get here without being mauled by paparazzi and fans? I was so confused and overwhelmed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to freak out," I say, slightly embarrassed by my actions. "My best friend back home loves One Direction and she would just go crazy if she knew that you were in my house," I laugh. It sounds so crazy to me. I gurantee she wouldn't believe me when I told her, I wouldn't even believe me. 

"It's okay," he says with a smile. His voice is adorable and thick with a British accent "It's a pleasure to meet you." He sticks out his hand to shake mine. He turns to Luke and shakes his hand. "You look kind of familiar," he says to him.

"That's funny, I thought you looked familiar too," he says back.

"Where have I seen you?" Louis squints. He is deep in thought when he finally snaps out of it. "Are you...in a band?"

"Yeah..." Luke trails off.

"5 Seconds of Summer, right?" He asks him.

"How did you know?" Luke asks, looking very confused.

"I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two videos of you guys on YouTube...you're pretty good," he says.

I can tell that Luke is just as shocked as me. The fact that a guy in a worldwide famous boyband just said that the boys were good is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I nudge Luke to say something.

"I-I uh, we can probably play for you sometime before you leave?" He asks nervously.

"That'd be wicked, how about tomorrow?" Louis asks him.

"Y-yeah, of course!" He responds.

This was more eventful than I had ever imagined it would be. The boys were going to be stoked.

When the food is ready, we eat the delicious food and Luke and Louis talk about music among other things. Georgia talks to me occasionally and she seems to be pretty nice. How did I never know that Troy was Louis' father? Why didn't he ever say anything about it? I am so confused with everything happening at the moment, it was making my head spin.

I couldn't think about anything other than the fact that I was eating Thanksgiving dinner with Louis Tomlinson.

"So, are you two dating?" Louis asks Luke and I, breaking me away from my thoughts. "Your mother had told me that she had two kids so I just assumed that you were since there was a third person."

"Yes, we are. It's been a few months," I say with a smile and grab Luke's hand underneath the table. 

"I see," he says back and slowly nods.

"Speaking of us," Luke says and nudges my elbow with his. "There's something we would like to share."

My heart almost jumps out of my chest at his words. I had forgotten again. It doesn't help that Louis' eyes have been locked on me for the past few minutes. I clear my throat and try to find the words.

"Yeah um, so Luke and I..." I trail off.

"Spit it out dear," my mother says with a smile. 

"We're getting our own apartment."