Chapter 15

I wake up alone as I knew I would. For the first time in a while I feel well rested, last night was a great night of sleep. I remember the events of last night and it brings a smile to my face. I have a feeling that the smile will be plastered on my face all day.

I get out of bed and pull on some ripped skinnies and a black v-neck. Linley is right, I wear a lot of black. I definitely am in need of a shopping trip. I decide to plan one with Lin for this weekend since last weekend didn't work out. I put on a little more makeup than usual and let my hair do it's usual thing.

"You seem to be in a better mood," my mom says on the way to school.

"Maybe I am," I look at her and smile.

"And why is that?" She asks as we arrive.

"No reason," I say before kissing her goodbye and getting out of the car.

I spot Calum and run over to hug him. He is in shock but hugs me back.

"What was that for?" He asks with a smile.

"I don't know, just felt like hugging you." I smile back at him and we walk inside.

The day goes by pretty fast and before I know it, it's lunch time. I'm sitting with Michael and Linley when I see Ashton, Calum and Luke walking over to our table. This is the first time I've seen Luke all day and he looks great today. He was wearing a black and grey striped sweater with his usual black skinny jeans. Ash and Calum take their usual seats next to me and Luke sits next to Michael.

"Hey," he says to me with a small smile before turning to talk to Michael.

Linley and the other two boys immediately turn to me with wide eyes. I hold back a smile and mouth "later" to them. I can see the frustration and impatience on Lin's face and silently laugh to myself. Throughout lunch I catch Luke looking at me and he immediately turns back to Michael each time.

"So Connor is having a party on Friday," Ashton announces to the table.

"Do you people party every week here?" I ask.

"Yeah," Calum nods. "I told you that the parties here are badass."

I get a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about the experience I had at the last party I went to.

"Don't worry Allis," Ashton says. I'm guessing he can see the worry on my face. "Tate won't be there."

I look over at Luke who's face is now angry at the mention of Tate's name. Before anyone else has a chance to say anything, the bell rings and we all grab our stuff to leave. I am walking by myself when I suddenly feel a presence next to me. I glance up and see Luke with his eyes forward.

"You have some explaining to do," I hear Linley whisper in my ear as she walks past me, dragging Michael with her.

"So you going to that party?" I hear Luke say.

Yeah probably," I say while keeping my eyes forward like him. "I know Linley will be begging me to go." I look over at him again and see him nodding. "What about you?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure," is all he says. We walk in silence down the noisy hallway, yet I feel like we're the only ones here. "I'll see you around," he says as he takes a turn and walks into a classroom.

"Okay, bye," I say to myself since he can no longer hear me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Okay so what the hell is going on?!" Linley says as she answers the phone after the first ring.

"You know you should really learn to say hello," I laugh into the phone as I spin around slowly in my desk chair. I couldn't tell Lin the story in the car since Bradley and Josh were with us, I didn't want to risk my brother telling mom about Luke sneaking into my room. As we drove home I could tell how anxious she was. I promised to call her in a bit when I got out of the car and she sped home as if she couldn't wait for me to call her.

"You should also know that by now there is no time for hello's when you have crazy shit going on that I don't know about!" She yells back.

"Okay, okay I'm getting to it geez!" I laugh again at how impatient she is. I go on to tell her about last night and have to pause everytime she gasps or yells "OMG."

"Do you believe that he loves you now?" She says when I finish the story. Luckily my mom comes in and tells me that dinner is ready before I have the chance to respond to the question that I don't even know the answer to.

"I gotta go eat, I'll text you later."

"I hate you," she says and I laugh.

"Love you too, Linny," I say with a sweet voice before hanging up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next two days go way too fast and Linley is now driving us home from school. We are going to my house to get a few things then going straight to her house to get ready for the party tonight. As each minute goes by I am feeling more and more nervous. Even though the guys keep reassuring me that Tate won't be there, I am reminded of last time and get a bad feeling in the back of my mind.

On the plus side, this is the first party I will attend where Luke doesn't hate me. Lin is also wanting me to drink tonight. I don't usually drink but she says I need to let loose a little and I know she's right. Plus I know that my friends will take care of me if I get too out of hand, even though I don't plan on it. The last time I drank was back in America at a party over the summer. I didn't drink that much but I did get drunk, it doesn't take much. Since I don't drink often, I will probably be the biggest lightweight at the party. Especially since the people here drink every single weekend.

Tonight Linley is straightening my hair and making me wear a crop tank with paisley and floral patterns all over it. It's definitely not me but according to Lin it makes me look hot, even though I feel as if I'm exposing way too much skin. By the time she is done with my hair, it is almost past my butt. She puts a lot of makeup on me and when she finishes I even think that I look pretty.

"Oh just wait until Luke sees you," she says as she looks at our reflections in the mirror, playing with my long hair. "Okay, up," she motions for me to get up and takes my spot so she can doll herself up.

I am putting on my shoes and we are now about to leave.

"I bet he kisses you again tonight," she says out of nowhere.

I shake my head at her comment as we walk out the door and head to Connor's house which is thankfully not too far since we are walking again.

I admit to myself that I hope she's right.