Chapter 8

The next day at school, Calum and I are standing at my locker talking about the weather. Yes, the weather. The cliche small talk. But we were talking about it because for the first time since I had moved here, it had been raining all day. Suddenly, Tate comes over and throws his arm around Calum.

"Hey guys, did I hear you two talking about the weather?" He laughs.

"Yeah, we're a couple of losers," Calum replies as he throws his arm around Tate too. Tate gives him a look before Calum speaks again. "Well I'm gonna go to class early, I'll see you in a few Allis," he says before walking away and giving Tate a wink.

"So, are you gonna entertain me with the weather as well?" He leans up against the locker next to mine and flashes his bright, white teeth at me.

"I'm sure I could if you wanted me to," I smile back.

"Well maybe we can talk about that and other things over dinner sometime?" He says as he moves a little closer to me. His cologne is so strong as if he just put it on right before he came over here.

"Sure, that sounds nice," I say nervously. I'm not really sure how I feel about Tate. He is cute, but I'm not good with guys at all and something in the back of my head is holding me back, I'm just not sure what it is.

"Cool, how about tomorrow night?" He's now close enough to where he has to tilt his head a little to look down at me.

"Sounds great," I say as I try not to blush.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6, see you around Allis," he smirks and with that, he's gone.

The rest of my day goes by pretty slow again. Today at lunch, I see Luke walk by our table with a different girl in his arm. As he walks by he makes sure to give me the dirtiest look he can before kissing his new girl on the cheek.

"Looks like Luke has a new friend," Michael says as he puts air quotes around friend.

"He has a new friend everyday," Calum responds and shakes his head.

This girl is even weirder than Myra. Her arms are covered in tattoos like Luke's and not only does she have as many piercings as Myra did, but her ear gauges are big enough to fit three fingers in at least. Her hair is terribly dyed a bleach blonde with noticeable black roots at the top of her head.

"Your hair is dyed better than her's and you're a guy," I say to Michael with his freshly dyed red hair. The boys all laugh and I smirk at the comment I made.

I planned on confronting Luke at some point, I just didn't know when or where to do it. Or how I was going get the guts to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next day at school is filled with comments from the boys about my date with Tate. They all make bets and predictions on how and when he's going to kiss me and where he's going to take me for our second date. I wasn't even thinking about a second date yet.

I was actually pretty nervous for tonight. I hadn't been on a date in a long time and I was never good at flirting with guys, let alone talking to them. Being the good friend that Linley is, she somehow sensed that I was feeling uneasy about the whole thing.

"So, are you excited for tonight?" She asked me at lunch while the boys were talking about band stuff.

"Yeah, I'm just kind of nervous," I responded quietly, not wanting the guys to know.

"It will be fine I promise. Just be yourself, he already likes you!" She reassures me and puts a hand on my shoulder. "What are you wearing?"

"Yeah about that..." I start. "I'm not really sure, I don't really have any date clothes as you can tell."