Chapter 37

A/N

I recommend listening to Twice by Little Dragon as you read this, I listened to it as I wrote it and loved the combo.

xx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wake up in my room, laying on my bed as Luke is taking my shoes off. He doesn't look as scary as he did, but he still looks different, angry. He notices that I am awake and stands up to look at me once the shoes are off.

"Let's get you cleaned up," he says softly.

I nod to him. My eyes are heavy and I don't want to do anything but lay down, but I need to wash my face and these clothes need to come off. He goes into the bathroom and I hear him turn the water on in my shower. I walk over to my dresser and put on an old, over-sized t-shirt and a pair of shorts, not being able to stand the costume any longer.

I walk into the bathroom and find him sitting on the toilet seat, his head in his hands. The bandana is no longer on his head and his hair is slightly messed up, probably from running his fingers through it too many times. He looks up at me and gives a small smile, the best one that he can put on. I walk over to him and take his hand in mine, gently pulling him to stand up. He follows my lead as I walk backwards towards the shower. I pull the curtain back and step in, fully clothed. He hesitates, but I tug him a little harder as if telling him to come in. 

He steps in with his clothes on as well and the warm water hits both of our bodies, soaking us in seconds. I sit on the floor and pull him down with me. I only last a few more seconds before I break down and start crying. The water from the shower mixes with my tears. He pulls me onto his lap and holds me like a baby, letting me cry into his wet chest. His skin is warmer than the water and I can feel his fingers burn through my sopping wet shirt as they grip onto my waist. My cry turns into a violent sob and I can't stop. His fingers run through my hair and he lays his head on top of mine. I felt bad for crying like this in front of him, but I couldn't help it. It was as if all of the tears that I've held in all these years were coming out at once and I didn't know why.

I was so grateful to have him here holding me. The Luke that I didn't recognize was gone, the one I loved had returned. Even though I was terrified of him only an hour before, I felt safe in his arms now. 

After I finally get all of the tears out, I sit up and look at him once more. He looks beautiful as the drops of water slide down his skin. His previously quiffed hair has completely fallen and some pieces hang in his face. 

"I'm so sorry," he whispers. I don't know what he's apologizing for, what Tate did to me or the fact that he almost killed him in front of me. I'm sure he knows that he scared me. 

I place a finger on his lips and stand up, pulling him up with me. We step out of the shower and I wipe off the makeup that has now streamed down my face. I walk back into my room to find Luke changed into extra clothes that he must have brought over. Usually he sleeps in his boxers, but at the moment he was wearing a pair of black sweatpants that were hanging low on his hips and nothing was covering his upper body.

I walked over to him and stood there quietly as he looked down at me. He grabbed the hem of my still soaking wet t-shirt and glanced at me, as if asking for permission. I nodded and he slowly peeled the shirt off along with my shorts and underwear. Instead of standing there and admiring my body like he would usually do, he quickly grabbed another set of clothes and put them on me. 

When I was fully dressed, we walked over to my bed and tucked ourselves under the covers. I scooted closer as he wrapped me in his arms, radiating his body heat onto me. We laid there for what seemed like a long time before he pulled back a little and looked down at me. His eyes were filled with sadness and stress, a hint of anger showing through; but they were still the same eyes that  I adored. He tucks a strand of damp hair behind my ear and gently lays his hand on my face. I lean into it and close my eyes.

"I knew I should have gone with you, I'm so stupid," he begins. "I'm so sorry Allis."

"It's not your fault, it's okay," I try to make out. My voice is raspy from crying and it is the first words I've said since we were at the party.

"It's not okay. I'm supposed to protect you, not let you get hurt. I don't know what I would've done if he-" I cringe and he stops before saying the words I don't want to hear. "I just want to rip his head off. He better hope I never see him again."

I put on the best smile I can and slide my fingers down his face. I lean in and plant a soft kiss on his lips. As I pull away he leaves his eyes closed for a moment before opening them back up to me.

"I'm never letting you go, I will always be there to protect you," he says.

He leans back into me, pulling me tightly against his body.

"I will never let anything happen to you, I promise you that Allison," I hear him say.

This brings a real smile to my face and I kiss his bare chest, letting him know that I will never leave him.