Chapter 62

Saturday came quicker than I wanted it to and I felt like I barely slept. I woke up alone for the first time in a while and felt the familiar coldness of Luke's absence. I turned to look at the clock that read 10:36 AM. Before I could get up, Luke walked out of my bathroom with only a towel around his waist. 

"Well this is a nice sight to wake up to," I said groggily with a smile. 

"Good morning to you too," he said as he walked over and leaned down to plant a kiss on my lips. Before he could stand back up I pulled him down onto the bed and kissed him harder. "Where is this coming from?" He asked when I finally pulled away.

"I don't know. I guess seeing you in only a towel first thing in the morning just put me in some sort of mood," I laugh.

He laughs as well. "Well as much as I love this mood, your mom knocked on the door a little bit ago saying that breakfast would be ready in about an hour. I'm sure it's about ready and if we don't go down soon she'll probably get suspicious," he said with a semi-sad face. I could tell he was still amused with my actions.

I sighed and threw my arms around him once more. "But I don't wanna get up," I pouted against his neck.

"Ugh why are you doing this to me," he said and I could tell I was turning him on. 

"Well if you didn't walk into my room basically naked with wet hair I wouldn't have to, but you started it," I laughed. "You're right though, we need to get up."

"Oh so now you get to tease me?" He said as he looked down at me.

"Your fault," I smiled and pushed him off of me. 

After Luke got dressed and I changed, we headed downstairs. As soon as I stepped out of my room I was overwhelmed with the scent of delicious breakfast foods. 

"Good morning you two," my mother smiled at us as she sat plates of food down on the table. 

"Good morning," we say in unison. We take our usual seats at the table and wait for my mom to serve us our food. Troy is reading the newspaper and Bradley and Josh are sitting across from us, looking exhausted.

When my mom finished passing out food, we started eating and I decided to speak up.

"So I've decided to go to dinner tonight with Bradley," I say since I hadn't told them yet. "I don't want him going alone, and I'm also bringing Luke.

My mother smiles warmly at me. "Thank you for doing that sweetie, I feel better with the two of you going."

Bradley also smiles at me and mouths the word "thanks." I'm sure he was not happy about going tonight, I could just see it in his face. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

A few hours later, Luke and I get ready for dinner and meet Bradley downstairs. Going to dinner with my father who I haven't seen in years is not how I wanted to spend my Saturday night. Luke drives us to the Italian restaurant that he works at, which is where we'll be meeting him.

When we walk in, we immediately see him waiting for us at a table. We walk over and he gets up to greet us. None of us touch him or even say hello and we all sit far away from him. 

"What a pleasant surprise to see you here," he says with a smile as he sits back down.

"I'm not here to see you, I came because I don't trust you to be with Bradley alone," I spit back.

"Oh come on, you can trust me," he says calmly.

"I never will," I snap.

He sighs. "I see you brought this one along too," he says, eyeing Luke.

"Of course I did, he's my boyfriend."

"I see." He looks unhappy about Luke being my boyfriend. Good. "So, Thanksgiving is this week. I was wondering if Bradley would like to join me, and since you are here, I will ask you to join me as well."

I sigh. "We will only because we have to, and I will be bringing Luke."

His smile fades a little, but comes back when he starts talking again. "Wonderful. I'll give you my address to my apartment so you can be there."

He had an apartment? How long had he been living here? I wanted to ask, but I don't want to talk to him any more than I already had to.

"Well we're having dinner at mom's so I guess we'll be over during the day." I say.

Great. I had been looking forward to Thanksgiving and now I was absolutely dreading it. 

We eat dinner as he continues to try to talk to me and Bradley. Bradley actually answers him while I ignore him as much as I can.

I don't know how I was supposed to do this every week, I could barely stand to look at him.