Chapter 39

Allis' POV

The rest of the weekend consists of feeling sick and tired. I'm so glad that we have two free days before having to go back to school, I needed all the time I could get to gain back my energy and sanity. Occasionally I would wake up with nightmares, luckily Luke would be right there to hold me and play with my hair until I fell back asleep. I know that Lin wanted to see me to make sure I was okay, but she would understand why I was making her wait. All I needed was to lay in bed tangled up with Luke. Thankfully Troy had taken up all of my mother's time this weekend, so she didn't try to bother me at all.

We barely left my bed all weekend, the only time was when we got something to eat. I imagined this was what it would be like to live with Luke. Staying in bed all day, watching movies and cuddling. It was perfect, and he was all that I needed. By the time that Sunday evening rolled around, I was absolutely dreading the thought of school tomorrow. I thought about pretending to be sick and staying home with Luke, but I knew we shouldn't miss school. Especially since I had tests soon. That would be saved for another day.

A little before my mother came to tell me good night, Luke snuck out to go home and get clothes for tomorrow. He decided not to leave an hour early since we were so tired, he would just get ready with me and then he would sneak out a few minutes before it would be time for me to leave. During the time that he was gone, my bed was cold and felt too big. I was never going to be able to sleep alone again.

When he came back, I felt warm again and better than I had all weekend. Most of my energy had returned and I was just happy to have Luke here with me. 

"What?" He asks when he crawls in bed and I smile at him.

I thought about telling him that I loved him right then, but I still didn't think the time was right. "I'm just glad you're here," I say.

"I'll never be anywhere else," he says and smiles back at me.

My stomach churns at his words. The thought of being with Luke forever made the happiest girl alive and this comment made me believe that he actually wanted that. Man did I love this boy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The next day arrives and I am not ready to go back to school. Luke and I get ready together, both of us yawning continually. We both wear sweatpants today and I laugh at the fact that we almost match. He kisses and hugs me before climbing down the side of my house, telling me that he'll see me in a couple of minutes.

When I arrive at school, Luke is waiting for me outside. We walk in together and find all of our friends at my locker. Linley runs up to me and engulfs me in a tight hug. She pulls away and her eyes speak the words that she can't.

"I love you Lin," I whisper to her.

"I love you too Allis," she gives me a small smile back.

The other boys come up and hug me, each telling me that they're glad I'm okay. I was so lucky to have such great friends.

The day goes by fast and luckily I don't see Tate at all. That was what I was dreading most, so it made my day better. I was glad to be back in my classes, I loved learning. It took my mind away from other things. Wow I'm such a nerd.

The next few days roll by and still no sign of Tate, I have a feeling we won't be seeing him ever again. At least not at this school. 

That afternoon, Luke and I lay in my bed again and cuddle as we listen to music. I have already finished all my homework for tonight and it felt good to get it out of the way.