Chapter 57

Luke's POV

Seeing Allis's dad for the first time was frightening to say the least, for many reasons. The first reason being that I had never seen Allis act that way before, never seen her so scared and upset. Before I knew that it was her dad, I was confused as to why she freaked out that much, but then I understood. It was also unpleasant because besides Tate, I had never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life. Maybe even more than Tate, because her dad had actually laid his hands on her, he hit her. Thinking about how helpless and hurt she was makes me sick. If he comes back, I will do anything to keep Allis and her family safe. Anything

Allis has definitely changed me for the better, sometimes I even feel like I'm turning into too much of a softie. She makes me want to be a better person and even though I've done horrible things in the past, I feel like I have a clean slate with her. That's mostly because she doesn't know about the things I've done. I don't want to keep it from her, but I think I have to in order to keep her.

I've learned to control my anger a lot better, but it still doesn't affect how I am on the inside. Being away from my brother has also helped for the moment, but I know I will have to see him again at some point. I couldn't stop myself when I attacked him and I don't know how I'm supposed to contain myself if Allis's father comes back. I don't think I will be able to nor will I want to.

I don't want her to feel unsafe. I want her to be able to live her life without having a fear of her dad finding her. I honestly don't know how he found her in the first place since she moved to a totally different continent, but he did. But I don't want him to find her again, which is why I asked her to move in with me.

I needed my own place anyways. I had to get all of my stuff out of that house and leave it behind along with all of the horrible memories that it brought. I would put it up for sale soon and never go back again. I felt bad for staying in Allis's house and even though her family was very welcoming, I didn't want to mooch off of them any longer. It would be better for us to have our own place, that way we wouldn't have to sneak around all of the time. I couldn't move somewhere without her which is why I asked her to come with me.

Her hesitation is not what I expected, but I understood at the same time. We hadn't been together for that long and it even scares me a little to think about moving in with someone, but I wanted this. I want her all to myself and a place to call our's would be perfect. 

"You know what?" I say before she can answer. "Just think about it, okay? I can sense your hesitation and I understand it's a big deal. Take a few days to just think it through, promise me you'll do that?"

She nods quickly. "Yeah, okay." She says.

I pull her back into my arms and hold her tightly, not ever wanting to let her go. I didn't know what she was thinking, but I hoped it was good things. I hope I didn't scare her.

After a few hours of waiting we finally hear the garage door open. We get out of bed and go downstairs to find Bradley and Josh still playing video games. Suddenly, their mom bursts through the garage door. She immediately runs over to Allis and takes her in her arms, which causes Allis to start crying again. I hate when she cries, I wish I was the one holding her. 

"We're gonna get through this together, okay?" Lana says as she holds her.

Troy walks over beside me and gives me a nod. He is kind of weird, but I don't have a problem with him. For some reason Allis absolutely despises him and I can't figure out why. I just hope that he will help me stand up to their dad if it comes down to that, but I'm not so sure. He doesn't really seem like the fighting type. If I needed back up, I would probably have to call the boys. I would like to take care of their father on my own though.

He was a lot different than I had imagined him. I expected him to look all beat up and drunk, kind of like Ben. But he didn't look anything like that. He was dressed in nice clothes and his hair was short and slicked back. He kind of reminded me of my father, just in the way that he looked. My father would have never hit us or my mother and I thanked God for that. I just wish he was still here. Looking at her dad brought back memories of my family and I hated it. I hated missing my parents, it caused too much sadness. But I missed them so much. 

Speaking of Ben, he better have left. When I went over there for the last time, he tried yelling at me again. I immediately stopped him and told him that I never wanted to see him again and that if he knew what's best for him he would pack up his things and get out of the house for good. Back when we were best friends, I would have never imagined saying anything like that to him. Our memories will forever be lost in my screwed up brain. I wonder if he even remembered loving me, probably not. I severed the ties between me and the last family member that I had left. I had a new family now, a new home.

Allis was home.