Chapter 40

"I love you," Luke says with a smile.

It was about the hundredth time he's said it since we arrived at his house, but I never got tired of hearing it. Each time sounding better than the last, making my heart race every time. 

"I love you," I say back as I look into his eyes.

We were laying on his bed, tangled up in each other as usual. His house was a lot smaller than mine, filled with furniture that looked as though it hadn't been touched in years. Dust was piling up on all of the shelves, coating picture frames of Luke's family. I only got a glance of the pictures as Luke quickly dragged to his room. His room was small and filled with band posters and dirty laundry. I imagined that he wasn't here much and didn't use the rest of the house besides the bathroom, kitchen and his room.

His sheets smelled very strongly of his cologne which pleased my nose. We had been laying in his bed since we got here, which was about an hour ago. We did nothing but talk and kiss and cuddle, and I had no problem with that. I decided to ask him the question that had been lingering in my mind since he first said those three beautiful words.

"Why me?" I asked.

"What?" He asked back.

"Why do you love me? Why am I so different?" I ask again. I thought he was going to get mad since he usually does when I ask questions, but when he intertwined our fingers together and smiled up at me, I knew that I was wrong. 

"Well, that could take a whole week to explain," he says and winks. "So I'll give you the shortened version. I love you because you're you, Allis. I think I've loved you since I first saw you, I just didn't know it yet. You are the most beautiful girl to me and that scared me to death, you intimidated me. I'm not one to get scared of things, then you came along. A little girl like you, so innocent and fragile, had scared me. So I pushed you away, I didn't want to get wrapped up in someone again just to get hurt. I tried to convince myself that I wanted nothing to do with you, but I just couldn't forget your pretty face and cute voice. You stuck in my head, no matter how hard I tried to get you out. I have gone through a lot of girls and none of them made me feel the way I did when I saw you in the hallway or at lunch. 

"All the time that we've spent together has been the best times of my life, even when we just lay here and cuddle like we are now. You make me so happy, allow me to forget about everything else. And I know that sometimes I don't show it, any of this, but I really do mean it. You make me want to be a better person. You saved me Allis, in the exact moment that I saw you."

His words give me goosebumps and bring me to life, sending a chill all throughout my body.

"Funny," I say as I try to hold back the tears. "I always believed you were the one who saved me."

"You didn't need saving Allis, there's nothing that could make you anymore perfect than you already are."

I can't think of anything to do other than kiss him, it's the only thing I can do to fight the tears that are getting closer. I don't want to cy in front of him for the second time tonight.

His kiss is passionate, our lips mold together beautifully. My body and hands fit perfectly in his, Luke was made for me. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter!! I just needed it as a filler and I wanted to leave it the way it was, I didn't want to add anything else. To make up for the shortness, I will be posting another chapter tonight. Maybe two if you're lucky :)

I love you guys so much xx