Chapter 47

If I could stay in Luke's arms forever, I would. I felt safe. He shielded me from all of the bad in the world. No matter how cliche it sounded, I felt like we were the only ones in the world. In reality, we were the only ones in the house. I snap out of my thoughts and realize it won't be that way for much longer.

"Babe we gotta go back downstairs before my mom comes home," I say as I nuzzle my head deeper into the crook of his neck. I didn't know how long we had been laying here, but I did know it had been a while.

"But baaabe, I don't wanna get up. I just wanna cuddle," he says in a child-like voice, pulling me tighter in his arms.

"We can cuddle on the couch," I suggest.

"Yeah but then we have to put our clothes on," he pouts. I laugh and shake my head disapprovingly as he winks. "Fine," he sighs. 

He releases me from his hold and rolls out of bed. I can't help but stare at his beautifully tattooed skin as he walks over to throw some clothes on. A small wave of sadness rolls through me when he covers his skin. When he comes back over to the bed, he holds out his hand for me to take. I debate on pulling him back in and laying with him here forever, but my mom would probably kick him out if she saw us in bed together. I decide against it and take his hand. When he pulls me to stand up, I am faced with the pain again. A small grunt escapes my lips before I can prevent it.

"What is it?" He asks with a concerned look. 

"What do you think?" I sarcastically say back.

A smile creeps on his lips even though I can tell he tried to hold it back. "Sorry babe." He takes my hand in his and kisses it softly. "I could try to make it feel better," he says with a smirk and raised eyebrows.

"I don't think I can handle any of that right now," I say, knowing exactly what he had in mind.

"Later then," he winks before walking to the bathroom. 

I make my way to my dresser and scavenge the doors for clean and comfortable clothes. I go with a pair of sweats and a shirt of Luke's that was hanging out of his bag. When he comes out of the bathroom, he gives me a confused look.

"Where did you get that?" He asked.

"I saw it in your bag. I'm not sorry for taking it," I say with a smirk.

"You're lucky I like the way you look in my clothes," he says as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"You're lucky that I like you," I joke before he leans down and kisses me gently.

"Well I love you," he says against my lips.

"I might love you back," I say in between kisses.

We may say it a lot, but I never get tired of hearing the words and they continuously make my brain turn to mush.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

We cuddle on the couch for about an hour which consists of Luke tickling me and occasionally watching tv until he distracts me with a kiss that turns into a full out makeout session. We are interrupted when we hear the front door open. We quickly detach ourselves and sit up, the quick movement makes my lower body ache again and I can't help but cringe. Luke plants a kiss on my cheek knowing that I'm in pain and throws his arm around me.

"Look at you two snuggling on the couch," my mom says cheerfully as she walks in, Troy following behind her.

"Hi mom, how was the movie?" I ask.

"It was good..." She trails off. "Why did you both change?"

Why didn't we think that my mom wouldn't notice our different clothes? We are so stupid.

"We both needed showers since we went to the beach, we smelled like salt water and had sand everywhere," Luke says with a smile. Damn he was good. I'm sure he has had years of experience with lying.

"Oh okay," she says with a smile. "So I have some news," she says as she takes a seat on the other couch. Troy sits down next to her and grips her hand tightly. Even though he had a weird smile on his face, he always seemed uncomfortable. There was just something about him that I didn't like but I couldn't figure out what it was.

"What is it?" I ask, turning my attention back on her.

"Troy is going to be moving in with us."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Hello lovelies :)

I apologize for the short chapter, but I need a few filler chapters. Please don't hate me!

What are your thoughts so far?

I'm almost to 9k...holy shit. That's crazy. I love you guys so much!

Thanks for reading <3

xx