Chapter 44

Allis' POV

"He just kept saying over and over again that I killed our parents then I screamed at him. He hit me in the eye and that's when I attacked him," Luke said as he sobbed into my shoulder once again. "I just kept hitting him, I couldn't stop."

None of it made sense. I didn't understand why his brother blamed him for the death of their parents, it was in no way his fault. And why did he say that there was no way I or anyone else could ever love Luke? Of course I loved him, there was no way I couldn't. Nothing was making sense to me. Was there something that he wasn't telling me?

I wasn't sure, but I wasn't going to ask. Luke needed me to listen and he needed to cry, so I would let him do that. I was going to be here for him and let him know that I always would be. 

"Shh, It's okay," I whisper into his hair.

I tried hard to swallow the large lump in my throat. I couldn't allow myself to cry, he needed me to be strong for him. I would do whatever I could to be his rock.

When his sobs turn to gentle cries again, I pull away to face him. "Tomorrow after school, you're going to go to your house and pack things that you need. We will tell my mom that something came up and you need to stay here for a while. She already offered to let you so she won't care. I will go with you," I say to him as I hold his face in my hands.

He slowly nods and closes his eyes before returning his face back into my neck. "I love you so much Allis," he whispers.

"I love you Luke."

I eventually drift off to sleep, hoping he can do the same.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The next day at school, I am exhausted. I don't know for sure how late we stayed up, but I know that it was past 3 AM. I have trouble staying awake in every single class and I'm so glad that it is Friday. I'm sure that I would be sleeping all weekend. Luke looks just as exhausted, if not more. He claims that he slept, but I don't believe him. He barely talks to anyone at lunch and I squeeze his hand under the table, letting him know that I'm here. He looks up and gives me a weak smile.

Even though he was upset and tired, there was nothing that I loved more than his sleepy eyes.

After school I explain to Lin that Luke has something to take care of and that I need to go with him. She is fine with this and doesn't ask any questions. She takes Bradley and Josh home, she was such a good friend.

As we pulled up to Luke's house, I noticed a car parked in the driveway.

A sick look appeared on his face. "Stay here," he said as he got out of the car.

I take a deep breath as I watch him make his way up to the house. I hope that nothing bad happens.

I wait for at least 10 minutes before he comes back out with a big bag. He throws it in the trunk before getting back in, slamming the door shut. 

"What happened?" I ask quietly when he starts to drive.

"Nothing of importance," he says sternly, keeping his eyes ahead. 

As his hands grip the steering wheel tightly, I can see them slightly trembling and know that something happened in there. I don't make him tell me though, he will do it when he's ready. 

That night we eat dinner with my family and Troy. He has been around a lot and I'm still not very fond of him. 

"Thank you again for letting me stay here Ms. Mont-, I mean Lana," Luke says with the best smile that he can give.

"It's no problem at all dear. I hope that whatever has come up gets better," she says with a bright smile before taking another bite of spaghetti. 

Even though I know that Luke isn't hungry, he cleans his plate to make my mom happy.

"I'm gonna help Luke get his stuff settled in his room," I say to my mom after we wash our dishes off. 

We go upstairs and I help him put his clothes into drawers. We didn't know how long he was going to be here, but I imagined it was going to be for a while. I would rather him be here than alone at his own house or with his brother. He basically already lived here anyways.

After we're done, I let him be alone for a while. I tell him to come in my room at 11, an hour after my mom usually tells me good night. That way it would give time for her to fall asleep. I shut his door and go to my own room, doing some homework that is due on Monday. I like to get it out of the way so I don't have to worry about doing it later on during the weekend. I was glad to finally have the weekend and I couldn't wait until Luke got in here so we could go to sleep. I was so tired and kept dozing off while doing my homework. 

When I finally finished, I turned on some music and the string lights. I probably shouldn't lay down or else I would fall asleep while waiting for Luke. I noticed that my room had gotten a little messy in the past few days so I decided to clean it a little. 

As I was picking up some dirty laundry off of the floor, I heard Luke come in. I turned around to find him staring at me as he locks the door behind him. I can tell even from a distance that he had been crying and my heart aches for him. Without saying anything he walks fast over to me, picking me up and making me drop the clothes out of my hands. His lips quickly meet mine and I kiss him back, missing the warmth that they bring. 

My legs wrap around his waist and he walks over to my desk, setting me down on it. I hear a few things fall off but I could care less. He lays me down and bends over to hover over me, already deepening the kiss. I feel his hands slide up my shirt and grip my waist hard, I immediately get goosebumps from his cold fingers.

I run my fingers through his hair and pull him tighter against me. I haven't felt his lips like this in a few days and they made my body crave more of him. I suddenly feel his hands undoing the button on my pants and realize that this isn't a good idea.

"Luke," I whisper as I pull away.

"What?" He asks. His voice is raspy from crying which makes me want him even more, not helping my case.

"We shouldn't do this," I say and slowly sit up.

"I want you," he whispers and attaches his lips to my neck. He was very convincing, but stopping was the right thing to do.

"Not now Luke. You're sad and I don't want us to do that just because you're feeling emotional," I say.

He sighs into my neck and pulls away. "I'm sorry," he whispers.

"Don't be, I love you." I take his face in my hands and kiss him gently. "Now let's go to bed."

I change into some pajamas which consisted of one of his shirts and my underwear. I crawl into bed and snuggle into him, letting his warmth take over my body. Within minutes of laying there with him, he is already fast asleep. I watch him as his chest slowly rises and falls. The bruise around his eye is very prominent and I'm surprised that my mother didn't say anything about it. I mentally thanked her for that. 

It didn't make him any less beautiful, but it did break my heart. It hurt me to see Luke so vulnerable and upset. I needed to take his pain away, but I didn't know how.

I silently prayed that I could find a way to heal him.