Chapter 16

Connor's house is a little bigger and nicer than Tate's and you can see the lights from a mile away. The party is filled with a mixture of different people and it always amazes me how much everybody in the school seems to get along. The parties back where I'm from mostly consisted of the jocks and the girls that thought they ruled the school. I love how different it is here. As we walk inside, my ears are flooded with Nicotine by Panic! At the Disco. Another thing I love about the people here, they know good music.

We walk into the living room where Calum and Ashton wave us over. This party is a lot more crowded than Tate's were, which I didn't think was possible. We squeeze through the crowd and hug the boys who are already drinking. I'm not surprised.

"You ladies want drinks?" Ashton asks.

"Yes we do,"Linley says as she smiles at me.

"Lin I didn't make up my mind yet!" I say before Ashton starts to walk away.

"Oh come on, you haven't drank once since you've been here!" She says back.

"She's right Allis," Calum steps in. "Come on, just one drink at least." They are all three pouting and giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," I say and am engulfed in hugs.

Ash brings back two cups and hands them to both of us. When I take a sip I almost gag.

"Oh come on, it's just Jack and coke," Linley says after taking a huge gulp from her own cup.

"Pretty soon you won't even be able to taste it," Ashton winks.

As we stand there and talk, I take more drinks and soon I am already feeling a slight buzz. A few minutes later Michael and Luke walk up and my heart flutters at the sight of him. They both have cups in their hands and based on the fact that Luke puts his arm around me, I am guessing that he's been drinking a little as well.

"And how are you doing?" He asks with a smile and I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"I'm pretty good, how about you?" I smile back. As each second goes by I feel the effects of the alcohol getting stronger.

"Good now," he smiles again. "You look great tonight," he leans down and whispers in my ear.

I let out a small giggle. I stand on my tippy toes and put my mouth up to his ear. "So do you," I whisper back and see him smile bigger.

"Okay lovebirds," Michael says as he throws his arm around Linley. "Are we gonna party or what?"

"Let's have a great night," Ashton says as he raises his cup in the middle of all of us. The rest of us follow and tap our cups together before taking a drink.

We follow Calum and Ashton out the back door and I freeze, looking at the beautiful sight in front of me. There are even more people out here. Half are inside a giant pool that I didn't even know that Connor had, while the other half are dancing all around it and in the yard behind it.

Suddenly I feel Luke's hand grab mine and pull me to the yard, a beautiful smile spreads across his lips. I follow him and begin to dance with him, losing myself in the music. As much as I want to kiss him, I don't try anything. His hands are on my waist and that's enough for me right now.

It feels like we dance for hours and again I have the feeling that there is no one else around. I have already finished my first drink and my head is empty except for thoughts of Luke. Sometimes if I move too fast I get dizzy and Luke and I both laugh. His laugh is music to my ears and it fills me with joy. I am feeling extra brave now and place a hand on Luke's cheek. Before I have the chance to do anything else, I am interrupted by a horrible feeling in my stomach when I see a terrible sight over Luke's shoulder.