Chapter 69

Luke and I spend the next day viewing different apartments. We have been to a couple of nice ones, and a few that weren't so nice.

"I swear it looked better online," he says each time we visit the not-so-nice ones.

We arrive at our last appointment, which was at a building close to the city. These had to be way out of our budget.

"Luke, I don't think we would be able to afford this," I say before we get out of the car.

"Let's just look at it, yeah?" He says back, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

I sigh nervously and get out of the car. We step into a lobby and are greeted by a woman who looks about my mom's age. She is dressed in what looks like a very expensive pant-suit and I imagine she is probably wondering why two teenagers are in here looking at expensive apartments.

"Are you Luke?" She asks him with a smile. He nods and they shake hands. "And you must be Allis," she says and shakes my hand. "My name is Lydia, it's a pleasure meeting you both. Follow me."

She grabs a key from the front desk and leads us to an elevator. I felt like we were in a hotel rather an apartment building. This is the first one all day that has had an elevator. The others had many separate buildings and stairs instead.

When we walk in, I know that there is no way we could ever afford this; but God, did I wish we could. The first thing that I notice is the giant window that runs along the whole wall in front of us, overlooking the harbour. I walk over to it and look in amazement at the lit up city.

She gives us a tour of the rest of the apartment, even though I don't want to see it. I know that the more I see, the more I'll want it and we can't have it. Why did Luke even make an appointment here if he knew we couldn't afford it?

Each room tortures me more with its beauty. The kitchen is there right when you walk in. The cabinets are a dark brown with marble on the counter tops and there is a small bar in the middle. There is a couch and a few chairs right in front of the giant window with a T.V. mounted on the wall. A table with six chairs around is behind one of the chairs. The apartment is fully furnished and decorated amazingly, I wouldn't change a thing. There are two bathrooms; one small one and a larger one that is connected to the bedroom, which has a large bathtub and separate shower. The bedroom is my favorite. It wasn't too big, but not too small either. The bed was king-sized and there was another large window that covered the back wall, also overlooking the city. Everything about this was perfect, but I didn't even want to know the price.

"So, what do you two think?" Lydia asked us when we got back into the living room.

"Could you give us a moment?" Luke asks her. She nods and steps outside of the apartment. "What's your opinion?" He turns to me.

"Luke, there is no way we could ever afford this," I say with a laugh.

"Okay. But if you had to choose your favorite, without worrying about the price, which one would you pick?"

I hesitate. "I mean obviously this one, it's beautiful."

"Then it's our's," he simply says. He had to be joking.

"What? Did you not just hear what I said about not being able to afford it?" I ask.

"I've got it covered," he responds, gently grabbing my arms.

"You can't be serious. Neither of us have this kind of money, and I'm not letting you pay for an apartment by yourself. If I'm going to be living with you then I'm going to help."

"I have the money, and you don't need to worry about it," he says calmly.

"How do you have this kind of money? And no matter what we do I'm going to help pay and there's nothing you can do about it." I was so confused and getting slightly annoyed.

"It's not important. And fine, you can help me pay. I will tell you how much to pay every month."

"Please tell me how you can afford this Luke," I plead.

"Like I said, it's not important, okay? Just trust me," he moves closer to me. "If you don't ask about the money, I will let you help pay."

I sigh in defeat, I knew there was no way he was going to tell me. Hopefully I would find out sometime. "So you really can afford this?" I ask in confirmation.

"Yes," he says with a smile.

"And you want it?" I ask again.

"It's our's baby." He rests his forehead on mine and I can't help but smile. He leans down and kisses me softly before walking over to the door and letting Lydia back inside.

"So what's the verdict?" She asks with a smile.

"We'll take it," Luke says as he snakes his arm around my waist.

She smiles widely. We exchange hand shakes once again and she gives us two keys before exiting.

"Welcome home," Luke says when she's gone.

I turn to him and jump in his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. I bring his lips to my own and kiss him hard. I couldn't believe that this beautiful place was our's, mine and Luke's.

"We should probably go back to my house and get our stuff so we can fully feel at home," I say when I pull my mouth away from his.

"You're the only thing I need to make me feel at home," he says with a smile. I couldn't help but smile back and kiss him once more.