Chapter 4

I have english with Michael and Calum, math with Calum, and my two periods before lunch with Michael, so my day has been going great so far. After fourth period, Michael and I meet Calum and head to lunch. Once we get our food, we sit at a small, round table in the corner. We were enjoying our food and a conversation about how the boys met when another boy sits down next to Michael.

"Hey guys," he smiles. He is very cute, tan with curly, brown hair and deep dimples on both of his cheeks. "Who's this?" He glances over at me.

"Allison, but you can call me Allis," I introduce myself this time, holding out my hand to shake his.

"Great to meet you, Allis," he responds with a smile and a hand shake. "I'm Ashton."

"Ash is another member of our band. Speaking of the band, where's Luke?" Calum asks.

"He's skipping today, usual Luke," Ashton responds.

"I'm guessing Luke is the fourth member of your band?" I ask no one in particular.

"Yeah. I think he'd like you," Michael says back to me.

"Oh and why is that?" I ask back.

"No reason, but it'll definitely be interesting when you two meet," Calum smirks.

"Oh, Friday is gonna be so fun," Michael smiles and leans back in his chair.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After lunch, I have a class with Ashton and my last period alone. Nothing bad though and it was actually a good first day. When school is finally over, the boys walk me outside before we go our separate ways.

"Hope you had a great first day, Allis," Calum smiles at me.

"I did, thanks to you guys. I'm so glad I met you all, it's gonna be a great year." 

"Oh, you have no idea," Michael says before I'm attacked with hugs from all three boys.

"See ya, Allis!" They all say in unison as they take off, racing each other.

I shake my head at them and turn to find Bradley walking towards me.

"Hey bud, how was your first day?" I ask him as I throw my arm around his shoulder.

"It was awesome!" He exclaims and tells me all about his first day of freshman year as we walk home together.

When our mother gets home we take turns telling her how our days went as she smiles at our stories. I don't tell her about the party yet, but I'm sure I'll tell her before Friday. She's usually pretty easy going and as long as I am careful, she doesn't worry too much. Something else that I love about her.

As I lay in my bed listening to some blink-182, I think about the events of today. I can tell that Calum, Michael and Ashton are going to be great friends. I'm still nervous about the party, but they boys are right. I need to experience at least one party here, and maybe I will end up liking it. I'm very excited to see the boys perform. I'm also anxious about meeting this mysterious Luke. The boys keep talking about him and Calum said it would be interesting when we met. What did he mean by that? I just hope he's as nice as the other boys.

I eventually fall asleep to the sound of Hold onto Me by Mayday Parade and dream of what I hope the party will be like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A few days pass by and they go by pretty easily now that I have the boys by my side most of the day. They find me each morning and don't leave me until they have to.

At lunch on Thursday, the boys discuss how they still haven't seen Luke around.

"He's probably around here somewhere, he didn't tell me he was going to be skipping today," Ashton says as he looks around the lunch room.

"He's probably making out with some girl in the hallway or something," Calum says as he lets out a small laugh. "He's kind of a man whore," he turns to me.

"Ah," is all that I get out.

"Yeah, so if he tries to pull anything on you at the party tomorrow just ignore him," Michael giggles. 

"He may be intimidating at first, but we know you can handle it," Ash pats my back before he goes back to his food.

This worries me a little, knowing that their other best friend is possibly "intimidating." I try to ignore the conversation we just had and go back to eating as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Friday comes quicker than I thought it would and I can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous. Throughout the day, I hear conversations of how fun tonight is going to be and it makes me wonder if the whole school was invited to this event. 

The only thing the boys talk about at lunch is how excited they are for their big performance. It makes me smile seeing them this happy, like three little boys on Christmas morning.

"Are you excited for tonight, Al?!" Michael asks me. He's been calling me Al since Wednesday and I don't mind it.

"I'm excited to see you guys play! I'm a little nervous for the actual party though," I answer back.

"Don't worry about it, you're gonna have a great time," Ashton says as he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't forget to look extra hot too," Calum adds with a wink.

"I'll try my best," I say back with a smug smile.

"Trust me, you won't have to try that hard," Michael smiles over at me. I blush at his comment and hope they don't notice. 

Not only are the boys great friends, but they make me feel good about myself all of the time. Over the last few days, I have realized how weird these three boys are. They are possibly the goofiest guys I have ever met, and I wouldn't want anybody else to spend all my time with.