Chapter 13

After a while of laying there and thinking, I remember that I'm supposed to call Linley. I grab my phone and dial her number that I have already memorized. She picks up after the second ring.

"Why are you already calling me? He's already gone?" She immediately says.

"Well hello to you too," I say with an attempted laugh.

"No time for hellos, you have some explaining to get to!"

I go on to tell her every single thing that happened from the moment Luke got here up until he drove away. I can see the shocked expression on her face even though I'm not looking at her.

"I knew he loved you," she finally says and I find it ridiculous.

"He cares about me Lin, there's no way in hell that he loves me. I can hardly even believe he doesn't hate me."

"Nope, he loves you and that's all there is to it," she says and I silently shake my head.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I ask.

"Love him back, duh," she replies with her "this should be obvious" voice.

"Linley! I'm serious," I desperately say back into the phone.

"Well I was being serious, buuuuut I guess you're gonna have to ask the boys cause I don't really know what else to tell you. It seems like you made him pretty mad," she laughs.

We talk for a few more minutes before getting off of the phone and again I am left in the silence, alone with my thoughts. I try to think of who knows Luke best but then remember that all three of the boys do. I also try to think of who knows me best beside Linley, and come to the same conclusion. I come up with a plan that will decide who I get advice from first, since eventually all three of them will know about the situation.

Hey guys, I have a problem and need to talk to someone. Whoever texts back first gets to meet me somewhere and help me out. Ready, set, go

I send the text in a group message and only wait for a minute before my phone vibrates. I look and see that Calum was the first to respond.

Meet me at the music store in 10, love you Allis

See you soon Cal

I text him back and immediately go downstairs to leave. Luckily my mom is home now so I can take the car. She greets me and I kiss her before telling her where I'm going.

I drive to the music store where Calum is waiting, sitting on the bench just in front of the shop. Before I get out I check my phone since it vibrated multiple times on the way here.

DAMMIT CALUM YOU BEAT ME TO IT

I laugh at Ashton's text and also see one from Michael.

I hate you Calum. I got you next time Al

I send a quick text back before getting out of the car.

Lol, love you guys.

As I reach the bench that Calum is sitting on, he stands up to embrace me.

"Let's go inside and look at cds while you tell me all about it, yeah?" He says and I can tell he can see the stress on my face.

"Wow, deja vu," I say with a laugh before telling him the story. We are now standing inside, flipping through cds. "I can't believe we met here not that long ago."

"I know it's crazy, it makes me happy." He smiles at me and I feel warm.

I begin to tell him exactly what I told Linley and when I'm done he just kind of stands there in shock.