Chapter 56

Going to the beach with Luke was a nice little escape from reality, but now we're home and that escape is gone. My mom and Troy should be home in a couple of hour and Luke is currently making the four of us dinner. I was surprised when he offered to cook for us. The boys are in the living room while I'm sitting at the bar in the kitchen. He's playing music through his phone and dancing around as he cooks. He was the only possible person who could ever cheer me up at a time like this, just by being his usual dorky self. 

"Come dance with me," he says as he holds out his hand for me. 

I roll my eyes and shake my head, but he pulls me up anyways. He twirls me around and sways me back and forth to the beat of Girls by The 1975 coming from his phone. He lip sings into an imaginary microphone in his hand and occasionally points it at me. In return, I give him a death glare.

"You're gonna burn the spaghetti if you don't pay attention to it," I say as he spins me around once again.

"Is it even possible to burn spaghetti?" He laughs.

"I don't know," I say back which causes both of us to laugh. I've only laughed a few times since seeing my dad, but all those times have been because of Luke. 

The food was actually  delicious, I'm surprised that Luke knew how to cook so well. When we finish we cuddle in my bed and listen to music, something that we do often but never gets old. I could do anything with Luke and enjoy spending time with him, but laying in bed or spending the day at the beach are my favortire things to do. He makes simple activites fun and meaningful. Each moment I spend with him is better than the last.

Since I can't sleep without waking up from nightmares, I just decide to stay up with Luke and wait for my mom to get home. It's currently 11:30 so they should be home in about an hour and a half. 

"So I've been thinking," Luke says as he runs his fingers through my hair.

I hated those words, they usually meant something bad. "About what?" I ask nervously.

"Well I feel bad for staying here, I feel like I'm mooching off of your mom...So I think I'm gonna get an apartment," he says. "I've already saved up a bunch of money and I think it's just time. I especially can't go back to that house, I have to get out of there for good."

"Oh..." I trail off. The thought of Luke not living here anymore made me sad. Of course I would probably spend multiple nights at his apartment, but I would have to sneak over most of the time. I just liked having him here.

"What's wrong?" He asks and looks down to meet his eyes with mine.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I lie. 

"Babe, you really think I don't know when something is bothering you?" He laughs.

I sigh. I hated how well he knew me. "I don't know, I just...I like having you here with me," I mumble into his chest. 

"I know..." He trails off. "And I've been thinking a lot," He sits us both up and holds my hands in his lap. "I know we haven't been together that long. Like around two months officially right? But that doesn't matter to me. You make me so happy Allis, and yes I am going to go into a cheesy rant because I know how much you love them. Each second that I spend with you is a second that I will always cherish. I love doing everything with you. I love going on dates, dancing and killing people in beer pong with you at parties, having splash fights in the ocean and walking with you in the hallways at school. You make everything fun, no matter what it is. But my favorite thing to do with you is this, laying in bed and cuddling. Doing absolutely nothing. 

"Your beautiful face is the last thing I see before falling asleep and the first thing I see when I wake up, and I wouldn't want it any other way. No matter what we do, I know it's going to be a good day when I wake up and see you smile. I don't want to change that, I don't want it to change ever. I want to always wake up next to you and fall asleep with you in my arms. Good lord, I sound like I'm about to propose," he laughs and looks down shyly.

His words make my stomach do a million flips. The Luke I had first known was such a different Luke than this. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that he would be saying these things to me. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face.

"So I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to move in with me?" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Hi guys!!! I'm back!

So sorry I took forever, I finally got some ideas just for today and I know this is such a short and rushed chapter and I don't even know if I like it but here ya go. It's going to get better.

I also have an announcement. I'm going to be writing a few more chapters of this story (not telling how many) and then I'm going to be starting a sequel :) So when this book ends don't be scared!! Another one will be coming out shortly after :)

So yeah that's all I wanted to say and thanks for sticking with me, you are all amazing also 18k HOLY SHIT!

I love you all so much <3