Chapter 38

Song I recommend for this chapter: The End Of All Things by Panic! At The Disco

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luke's POV

My muscles tense up, my whole body is immediately set on fire at the sight in front of me. I run as fast as I can. My vision goes in and out of focus and I'm surprised that I don't stumble.

Before I know it, my heart is controlling my actions as I slam Tate's head into the wall. I look over to Allis who is looking down at him. There is fear in her eyes and her cheeks are covered in tears. Her face is pale and I have never seen her like this. I shake myself out of the trance, remembering that I still have to take care of him.

"I will fucking kill you!" I scream as I pick Tate up again, slamming his body into another wall.

I punch him as hard as I can as blood pours out from his nose and lips, covering my knuckles in the red substance. Not being able to take anymore, he falls back onto the ground once again. He looks up at me with fear and exhaustion and we both know I'm nowhere near finished with him. I begin to kick him in the side, my body isn't letting me stop. I don't ever want to stop.

I lean down and start punching him again until I suddenly feel arms lock themselves around my own arms and waist, trying to pull me away from him. I don't back down and I pull harder, allowing myself to get a couple more punches in. As I am finally pulled off, Calum steps in front of me as Ashton and Michael hold me back.

"Luke you have to calm down," Calum says, trying to regain his breath.

Behind him, I see two guys hauling Tate away. His face is covered in blood and his eyes are almost swollen shut.

"If you ever touch her again, you're fucking dead!" I scream.

Out of breath, I look over and see Linley holding Allis. She looks like she's just seen a ghost and I know that I caused this fear. They both walk to the bathroom, out of my sight.

"Dude, what the hell?" Ashton asks as he breaths heavily. Him and Michael let go of my arms and step in front of me with Calum.

"He was fucking touching her, God dammit I knew I shouldn't have let her go alone!" I yell.

After Allis left me to find the bathroom, I knew it was a bad idea. I didn't know if Tate was here or not, but I still didn't like the thought of her being on her own at these kinds of parties. I kept checking the time on my phone and when she hadn't come back for 10 minutes, I knew I had to go find her. I told Ashton that I was worried about her and that if I didn't come back within 5 minutes to come find me. I shouldn't have told him that, that way I could've given Tate what he deserved. 

As soon as I went upstairs, I saw two figures a little ways down the hallway. I walked a little closer and finally saw Tate touching my girlfriend. His hand was up her skirt and that's when I knew that he was dead to me.

"Take her home, she needs to leave," Michael says and I know that he's right.

I walk in the bathroom to find her passed out on Linley's lap. She gives me a nod and I pick Allis up. I tell Linley and the others that I will update them tomorrow and proceed to carry her out of the house. As I walk us home, I feel horrible. The look in her eyes when she saw me hit Tate was something I had never seen before. She was scared of me, I terrified my own girlfriend. I didn't mean to frighten her, that was the last thing that I wanted. I wanted to protect her.

When I get us home, I find the key in her secret spot and quietly unlock her door. Luckily nobody is downstairs and I lock the door before carrying her up to her room. I walk into the room and lock that door as well and lay her on the bed. I am untying her shoes when I notice her looking at me. I finish taking them off of her and stand up to look down at her.